Enclosure Jonsbo VR1 ITX case

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I got on JD (Chinese equivalent of Amazon) this morning and was looking for a case and found Jonsbo has released a new ITX case, the VR1. Hadn't heard of this before and it looks like a Silverstone FT-03 Mini like case

http://item.jd.com/2902796.html

I like the window on it. Seems like a decent improvement over the FT03 Mini but it also looks like it might be quite a bit larger :(

FT03 Mini - 189W x 235D x 397H (17.6L)
Jonsbo VR1-238W x 237D x 387H (21.8L)

Seems it supports ATX power supply, a 170mm CPU cooler and has 2x 120mm fans. I think I've seen some similar designs to this on Taobao but the price of this is cheaper (around $80). Its only bigger than the FT03 Mini in one dimension so that's acceptable enough. I hope Silverstone can update the FT03 cases soon.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I am very intrigued by the FT03 Mini from Silverstone, but this one is about 20% larger. I do like the fan setup with the guides at the top.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I think the added size over the FT-03 mini won't be noticeable. This is the same height and width, just a bit deeper.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The Jonsbo just isn't SFF :p In saying that, it's good to see that they may FINALLY be considering thermal performance in their designs

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I have had quite a few Jonsbo cases and they all had decent thermal performance. A few had some silly designs like hard drives directly above the video card though...

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The C2 was pretty poorly designed - only bottom intake and restricted rear exhaust

Ckang008

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 23, 2016
I have this case in red

Thermal is average. The look is very nice. Definitely one of the best looking cases I ever have

The glass is super weak and shattered in many pieces when I tried to secure it on the side. I think the heat from the case cause structural integrity issue with the glass. It was very annoying to clean up

I'm asking for replacement glass now and see how that goes.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Ouch, the tempered glass looks nice but I am still not so excited about dealing with it in person. Maybe for a show case PC it looks good but for the average user I think it may not be a good idea.

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's horrible! I hope they replace it for you.

I wonder how much different polished smoked acrylic would look vs the glass. The idea of glass on my rig is mildly terrifying