GPU ITX GPU Availability?

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Hi all SFFers,

I'm looking to build up a Velka 3 in the coming months (hopefully can get some good deals around Black Friday and Cyber Monday). The one thing that I'm see a shortage of now are ITX GPU's. Does anybody have any clue why this is? All I know is the 1660 Super just released, and I've seen a handful of ITX versions. I could see this being a reason why GTX/RTX cards might be low in stock due to anticipation of the 1660 Super, but that's all I can think of.

Thoughts?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi all SFFers,

I'm looking to build up a Velka 3 in the coming months (hopefully can get some good deals around Black Friday and Cyber Monday). The one thing that I'm see a shortage of now are ITX GPU's. Does anybody have any clue why this is? All I know is the 1660 Super just released, and I've seen a handful of ITX versions. I could see this being a reason why GTX/RTX cards might be low in stock due to anticipation of the 1660 Super, but that's all I can think of.

Thoughts?
Part of the reason is when Nvidia release the Super versions of the 2060/2070/2080 the non Super versions were discontinued and none of the board partners have released itx versions of the Super cards. Just have to hope that someone does.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Oh wow... I was browsing Newegg for 1660 Super ITX cards about 15 hours ago and you could add them to your cart. Checked just now, and they've gone like hotcakes. Only have a "Auto-Notify" button for when it will come back in stock or will be available for purchase again.

Should have bought one right away...

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Well i'm in the same boat - i'd love to do a Velka 3 build but due to being a Linux gamer I would like to use an AMD card and I don't want to downgrade massively from my Vega 64.

So my options are - the Vega Nano, which i'm pretty sure don't exist they're so rare, or the R9 Nano, which are discontinued and not that abundant second hand, or going right down to something like an RX570, which I really really don't want to do.

Reactions: XcPNehVYlE4A3C

The_ Perfectionist

Cable Smoosher
Nov 3, 2019
Hello,

I am from Europe and only Zotac Released an „Mini“ Series but this is just a bad Joke.. Gigabyte showed us how small a GPU could be...
I love the Velka 3 Case but for me I have to find another Case because I want a Console PC and the Velka 3 is so tiny..

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
I am from Europe and only Zotac Released an „Mini“ Series but this is just a bad Joke.. Gigabyte showed us how small a GPU could be...
I love the Velka 3 Case but for me I have to find another Case because I want a Console PC and the Velka 3 is so tiny..
yes...the dual fan Zotac ITX are a big card...Gb has really upped their game and have really nice ITX GPU in their 1650 Super and 1660 Supe.!

Last edited:
Reactions: The_ Perfectionist

The_ Perfectionist

Cable Smoosher
Nov 3, 2019
yes...the dual fan Zotac ITX are a big card...Gb has really upped their game and have really nice ITX GPU in their 1650 Super and 1660 Supe.!
Yeah, but these Cards are to slow for my Dream 2k-4k Gaming - HTTPC ..
I wrote to Gigabyte and to MSI if they have the plans to release some new RTX2060/70/80 super Cards.. I HOPE they DO!!

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
Yeah, but these Cards are to slow for my Dream 2k-4k Gaming - HTTPC ..
I wrote to Gigabyte and to MSI if they have the plans to release some new RTX2060/70/80 super Cards.. I HOPE they DO!!
the cards get bloody hot...so if a short dual fan model comes out, your only hope to cool it properly is via liquid. I know as I had 8x Zotac 1080 Ti mITX for mining...damn they got hot!

The_ Perfectionist

Cable Smoosher
Nov 3, 2019
GREAT NEWS:
MSI answered my Questions if they have the Plan to release new RTX Super Aero MINI Cards. They said to me that MSI has the Plan to bring new RTX SUPER MINI Cards. Unfortunately they couldn’t give me detailed Releasedate.

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018

Says in stock and ships internationally, who wants to be brave and take the plunge? I've been hovering over the buy button for about an hour, but the thought of buying a GPU for £350 with effectively no warranty is really giving me the jitters.

Reactions: XcPNehVYlE4A3C

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
thanks for the heads up! i did take the plunge and ordered it. hopefully no issues with it getting here, said 7 days from now.

have been waiting for so many years for an AMD card in a smaller form factor that wasnt ancient, or super rare, or otherwise flawed, and i'm hoping this is finally it....

Reactions: omardesu

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
Well i'm in the same boat - i'd love to do a Velka 3 build but due to being a Linux gamer I would like to use an AMD card and I don't want to downgrade massively from my Vega 64.

So my options are - the Vega Nano, which i'm pretty sure don't exist they're so rare, or the R9 Nano, which are discontinued and not that abundant second hand, or going right down to something like an RX570, which I really really don't want to do.

its a cozy little boat isnt it :)

how is linux support for the 5700? mac OS is just starting to support it. if i can triple boot on this card i will be over the moon.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
I ended up getting a 1660 Super from Gigabtye for my Velka 3 build. Have everything except the PSU and ram... PSU is looking like something from taobao/AliExpress for modularity, and the ram will likely come from another build. Probably another 1-2 months til it’s completed.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
its a cozy little boat isnt it :)

how is linux support for the 5700? mac OS is just starting to support it. if i can triple boot on this card i will be over the moon.

Linux needs 5.4 or later I believe, shouldn't be a problem. Any idea how warranty works with ordering off amazon.jp? Do you have to send it all the way back to Japan if there's a problem? Do you get any manufacturer's warranty? (not that it's worth diddly squat, Powercolor's RMA is near non-existent)

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
Linux needs 5.4 or later I believe, shouldn't be a problem. Any idea how warranty works with ordering off amazon.jp? Do you have to send it all the way back to Japan if there's a problem? Do you get any manufacturer's warranty? (not that it's worth diddly squat, Powercolor's RMA is near non-existent)

Honestly have no idea :-)