Enclosure is the Tecware Fusion a good case to transition to SFF PC?

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Im planning to upgrade my case soon and I want to transition to SFF in the future if I ever upgrade my PC. I am currently using standard sized PC parts(ATX PSU, mATX motherboard) and Tecware Fusion accepts standard sized parts so I thought of getting it. Any more suggestions?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Depending on who you ask and how you measure, the Tecware Fusion (or the SAMA IM01 Quzao, Gaming Cube, Nox Hammer, or it's multiple rebranded names), comes in at around 20~22L, which to some people, it's still way too large and it's made from steel.

Components wise, it is pretty good, as you right mentioned that it can use an ATX PSU, and up to a MATX motherboard, with good sized air coolers fitting in it. As a starting point into downsizing your rig, it's good. Of course, not all ATX PSU's are made the same (length-wise), and longer PSUs will affect your GPU llimit too, possibly with cables pushing down onto the GPU.

Other suggestions wise, it also depends on your budget mainly, but also your existing components, what do you want to use for cooling (Air cooling, AIO, custom water cooling)?

The N-ATX is pretty much one of the smallest cases that can take up to an ATX motherboard with an ATX PSU, but availability and pricing woes. But that also means using a riser cable, and your CPU cooling options are smaller and/or AIOs only.

Sliger's Cerebus (X) is pretty great too. Mechanic Master's C28 is also a good option (that I am using right now), which comes in at around 17.9L.

There's a fantastic SFF Master List (done/managed by prayogahs) that you can easily filter your components needs to see if there are any other cases that might fit you!

Downsizing to an ITX motherboard, and SFX PSU will surely open up way more options, at the higher costs though.

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Downsizing to an ITX motherboard, and SFX PSU will surely open up way more options, at the higher costs though.
Im ok with that. Im gonna spend a lot on my upgrade so why not get the best and proper parts for a SFF build.
I might also go smaller like around 6 liters like the K39 because my desk is small. My old PC(with the Tecware Fusion) can be use as a general PC.
Other suggestions wise, it also depends on your budget mainly, but also your existing components, what do you want to use for cooling (Air cooling, AIO, custom water cooling)?
I will probably gonna use air cooler because im not really going for high end components.

din_sanity

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 10, 2022
Im ok with that. Im gonna spend a lot on my upgrade so why not get the best and proper parts for a SFF build.
I might also go smaller like around 6 liters like the K39 because my desk is small. My old PC(with the Tecware Fusion) can be use as a general PC.

I will probably gonna use air cooler because im not really going for high end components.
Hey man, I'm thinking of buying tecware fusion. What air cooler did you use and does it fit?

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
SAMA IM-01 here - The biggest air cooler I got in mine was the Scythe FUMA 2, which comfortably handles a 5950X

I had some Noctua A12x25s already, so upgrading the fans was obvious.