Introducing - Hardware Talk with The Wizzard! Tonight, Twitch, 8PM - Upgrading a Sager P775DM2 from a GTX1080 to a GTX2080

Some of you guys have seen me lurking and commenting on small stuff (pun intended), but here's a for you to lurk on me! I'll be chatting, answering questions, and maybe if any SFF guys stop in, I'll share my next secret project :)

TONIGHT AT 8PM EST:
Hardware Talk with The Wizzard!

Join the wizard of tech as he upgrades his heavily modified Sager / Eurocom P775DM2-G laptop from a GTX1080 to a GTX2080!
If there's time, he's even going 4K!!

Visit Twitch.tv/limitedbandwidth tonight, and your viewership and donations help raise awareness for our causes this year, and for Extra Life Game Day 2020!
Limited Bandwidth is back and streaming once again for charity in preparation for Game Day 2020 (November 7th, 2020)! What does this mean?
-NEW WEBSITE
-NEW LIVESTREAMS
-NEW CHARITIES
We are expanding our efforts in light of this years' recent events. Not only will we be raising money for Extra Life and the Boston Children's Hospital, but also Feeding America and the Transgender Law Office. You can donate to any charity of your choice by visiting our BRAND NEW WEBSITE!: www.limited-bandwidth.com
Our website will also be the virtual hub for all information regarding our charities, watching livestreams, and viewing a calendar of events. Please check it out and don't forget to tune in on November 7th-8th directly at www.limited-bandwidth.com for our virtual game day. We can't wait to get started.

Reactions: Phuncz and Arie

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I think I missed it but it was also the middle of the night for me. I can't find it on Twitch though. Is it it going to be available to watch later ?

Reactions: thewizzard1

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Sadly the upgrades didn't work out. Upgrading laptops is very difficult due to limited availability of components together with inter-model changes and lack of standards in sizing and positioning.

• Sad
Reactions: thewizzard1

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 27, 2017
Yeah, but I might cobble together the x-bracket (it's pretty unimportant) if I can't get the correct one for less than $20.

Reactions: Phuncz