int main() { printf("Hello, World!"); return 0; }

Hello! I'm Rob, from Tulsa, OK. I just started building my first new pc in probably 10 years, decided SFF is the way of the future, and the Google trail of build logs and forum links lead me here. I've dipped my toes in the SFF pool before, back in 2011 I stuffed a Zotac Fusion350-A-E, an 80W brick psu, and two 2.5" drives into the hollowed out carcass of an old HP CD-Writer Plus SCSI drive (complete with custom acrylic windows!). This time around, I'm using a bit more powerful components:

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact X570 Mini DTX with a Bitspower monoblock
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64GB (2x32)
XFX Radeon RX5700 XT Thicc III Ultra stripped down with a Bitspower waterblock (block is actually for an XFX Raw II but I compared the pcb's and I'm like 99.999% certain it's compatible)
Silverstone SX-800LTI psu
an Alphacool DDC310 pump/res, a couple of EKWB rads, Noctua fans, and various bits of tube and fittings.

Going to try to shoehorn all this into an Ncase M1 (still to purchase). Any advice is welcome.

Reactions: netfox

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! That hollowed out CD writer mod must have been quite the stuffed build ! Pics !

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Yea Ncase M1 build is everywhere over the internet. But hollowed-out CD writer with custom-acrylic-window-case? Picture please.

Reactions: Arboreal