GPU Inno3D 4080 Super X3, a dual slot 4080 Super

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2020
I haven't really seen any discussion around this yet, but Inno3D now also has a 4080 Super that is true dual slot, though it is very long and tall.

At 141mm tall and 337mm long, I can't think of any useful use cases for it. It is too long for a Fractal Terra for example. But with those 3 large fans I actually suspect it should have no trouble keeping cool and quiet.

Can anyone think what would be the most compact case this would fit in? Does it enable 4080 Super builds in cases that would fit no other 4080 Super?

RAAM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 24, 2024
It might fit in the Lian Li A4 H20, quite a bit of height in that case.

There is approx 60mm from the bracket to the bottom of the case, minus the bottom grill, might be more like 56mm.

Edit: This case has the GPU mounted upside down and quite a bit of room but the card you are looking at is a bit long it seems. It might fit with the shroud trimed off at the end or deshroud it and use water cooling or case fans instead of the stock fans.

Rick

Last edited:

LyntonB

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 15, 2024
Hi @Snerual did you find a solution? looking for the same thing now myself, was hoping would fit inside a Fractal Node 304 but supposed to be 310mm max length. I'm wondering if I remove a fan at the end if I can squeeze it in, possibly if the securing screw bracket at the end is included in the 337mm measurement..

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2020
No, unfortunately I figured out this card is pretty much pointless. It might be dual slot but it is so long and wide that it doesn't fit in any SFF case that is strictly dual-slot only. Looks like 4070Ti Super is still the limit for what I consider true SFF builds...

But looking more closely at the Node 304... there must be a way to make a 337mm GPU fit in a 374mm long case... Though you might need to sacrifice front I/O and dremel out some parts. If I were you I would rather risk destroying a sub $100 case than a $900 GPU...

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Very strange that the top is almost fully obscured where the vertical fins lead the warm air to exit - just for pointless branding.