Imgur album embeds look broken.

Hahutzy

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
I remember a while back, imgur albums were properly embedded in SFFnet

Today when I made my update post, I embedded my album, and the current image just isn't scaling properly, leading to the embedded album only showing the top half of each image when viewing at 1920x1080 resolution.

I noticed that this happened in both SFFnet and [H]. So it's either Xenforo or imgur changed something and broke album embed, correct?

Reactions: Phuncz

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It looks ok on my end. So either it fixed itself or maybe your browser cache is corrupted and needs to be cleared.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
It's occurring for me as well (using Palemoon, a Firefox derivative, but not in Chrome). Imgur recently changed its UI again a broke a bunch of functionality (e.g. you can no longer go tot he imgur homepage and just past a URL immediately to start an upload, you now need to select the 'new post' button, then manually highlight the input field), so it could just be another case of the unfortunately popular "change everything without testing, then fix bugs depending on what people complain the most about" rollout method.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
It's imgurs fault, from what I can tell. For me it works in firefox, but not in Vivaldi (which is basically chromium). Apparently Imgur is now in beta again o_O, so I submitted a bug report via the button that's shown on the image gallery applet.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's imgurs fault, from what I can tell. For me it works in firefox, but not in Vivaldi (which is basically chromium).

I double-checked in Edge, IE, Vivaldi, Firefox, and Chrome on Windows 10 and they all look fine except for Vivaldi.

Edit: To make testing easier, here's an album:

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
At least the pictures are now scaled correctly. But the description is still overlaying the thumbnails and the thumbnail carousel is only three pictures long, even though there's space for nine.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It seems to work fine on Firefox Beta 48, although the lack of funny cat pics makes me wary it's somehow broken.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
But the description is still overlaying the thumbnails and the thumbnail carousel is only three pictures long, even though there's space for nine.

The problem browsers also seem to be the only ones showing the "Beta" tag so I'm pretty sure it's an issue on Imgur's end at this point.

although the lack of funny cat pics makes me wary it's somehow broken.

Just scroll to the end of the test album :p

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Since today, I noticed the API seems to be broken again, since I've seen this on [H] as well:

Firefox 48.0b9 and uBlock Origin active.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Seems like Imgur is doing a staged rollout by targeting browsers with small numbers of users (like Vivaldi) and working towards the more popular browsers.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That seems odd.

Does it, though? People who use those browsers are more likely to report errors and are more tolerant to small mistakes, so rolling it out for them first allows you to find the most glaring mistakes without the larger userbase coming at you for fucking stuff up. I think it's a pretty viable strategy.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Is anyone on the Beta Firefox channel also still not able to see IMGUR albums properly here ? IMGUR.com itself works flawlessly, as do the images, but the embedded album feature still shows nothing but black.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Imgur embed updated. I wish it showed more of the text but at least the images aren't truncated anymore.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I experimented with editing the CSS to show more of the text but that just tended to break things. It's annoying because the old embed code worked much better but Imgur has to get people to go to their site instead so they can push ads :\