Not open for further replies.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Just FYI using the gift option to pay for goods is against Paypal's ToS and as such its harder to get a refund should the transaction turn sour. PayPal's buyer protection is not applied to funds sent as a gift.

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
just FYI getting scammed from someone by sending an item overseas is x5 times easier than sending something inside the States. Im just trying to protect myself.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Sure, PayPal are pretty brutal when it comes to protecting their sellers to the point of coming off like they don't give a damn but asking for payment as a gift is not a solution for a few reasons. Apart from it being a hallmark of scam sellers (which i'm certainly not saying is the case here) it also opens you up to additional risks as a seller. A buyer could purchase from you, receive the goods then cry foul to PayPal, plead ignorance and straight up link this thread to customer support at which point PP will likely still hit you up for the refund & suspend / close / freeze your account for knowingly demanding payment for goods as a gift (this happens to also be an end run around their transaction fess, something they take very seriously). Its also not a perfect solution in that whilst their buyer protection doesn't apply to gifts there are enough scammers out there who have made claims along the lines of "I sent the money to the wrong email address" and successfully gotten their money back. Lastly, whilst PP's seller protection policy is weak af if you receive payment for goods as a gift your giving up what little protections from scammers that they do offer. I would suggest tracked post so you can prove the item was delivered but PP likely wouldn't give two sh!ts and side w/ the buyer regardless so not really a solution there either.

Last edited:

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
just FYI getting scammed from someone by sending an item overseas is x5 times easier than sending something inside the States. Im just trying to protect myself.
Reason why i refuse to sell anything over seas from the states. To much hassle. You could also try over at r/hardwareswap on reddit i unload most of my items there farely quickly

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Reason why i refuse to sell anything over seas from the states. To much hassle. You could also try over at r/hardwareswap on reddit i unload most of my items there farely quickly

I don't have the heatware :/

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
no need to have any. only thing they track are confirmed sells on the subreddit. Many people have none but everyone prefers to deal through paypal and it is for state side only.

here is a link

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/

just make sure you follow their posting criteria.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Hi there,

What's the purchase date ? Do you have the invoice ? Box ?

I would be very interested but I'm also in the EU...
Could have it shipped to a friend in the US though.

Status
Not open for further replies.