How quiet is your environment?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
When reading all of your comments I feel like some kind of acoustic phlegmatic. I'm living right next to a road, there's a night club in my building frequented by adolescents and my windows are made from a single pane of glass.
I'm sleeping like a stone nearly every single night :D

I'm the same way - my bedroom is at the front of my apartment building, and directly faces a four-lane thoroughfare that's pretty well trafficked throughout the day and night. Although I have double-pane windows, you can still hear vehicles pass by.

Overall I think I'm pretty tolerable, but I will say that it's substantially easier for me to be mute to - or adjust to, in the case of trying to fall asleep - a continuous noise like a fan or high traffic, compared to an intermittent noise of the same volume. Coupled with the fact that I'm generally always actively listening or watching or something when I'm using my computer, and the fan noise can get pretty loud before I'm annoyed by it.

To wit, I've been rocking a 2012 rMBP as my sole computer for four years now, and the noise has never been close to an issue.