Hi SFF team pleased to be here!!!!

Hi All,

My name is Lee and I have recently built my SFF build having been building PC's and working in IT as a consultant for 25 years.

I have got the bug again for SFF PC building as I wanted to build a VR PC to use with my Oculus Quest for VR and normal gaming as well as video editing.

My current build is as follows:

• SilverStone SST-SG13B - Sugo Mini-ITX Compact Computer Cube Case, Mesh Front Panel, black
  • Corsair SF600 Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply
  • Gigabyte Aorus X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Socket AM4/X570/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Mini-ITX)
  • Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler - Black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, 4.4 GHz Max Boost)
  • CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 Desktop memory - Black
  • Palit RTX2070 Dual Graphics Card
  • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-RKTQ-1TB)

Swapped out the Corsair Stock fan on the CPU Cooler for a Noctua as below (So much quieter):
  • Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Brown)

Added an additional Noctua small case fan to extract air from the small SG13 case custom mounted:
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap, Premium Quiet Slim Fan, 4-Pin (92x14mm, Black)
I have undervolted the GPU as well to help with thermals and noise.

I am really happy with the build its compact and performs great and is quiet but the most noise is produced by the Palit RTX2070 fans at load so would love to watercool this to reduce temperatures and noise.

This has lead me to looking at the Sidearm T1 case build as a next project to add water cooling and mka even more compact and quiet.

Any advice and guidance guys appreciated. And If I can help with my experience from the SG13 build for anyone please let me know.

Cheers

Lee

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Welcome to the forums, and if you have questions, ask!

Personally, I can't really help you, but others here certainly can!

:)