Hello from Denmark

Hello

Just joined here, to gain knowledge about SSF.
I have in the past built a Lian Li TU-150 build, with AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+, Corsair 3600Mhz 2*8GB Ram, Aorus X570 ITX motherboard, Samsung NVME SSD, and a 5GB HDD, paired with a Be Quiet DarkRock Pro 4, and 4 Arctic P12 Fans, for a silent build.
My current "project" is a Asrock Deskmini X300, with a AMD Ryzen 7 4750G, 2*8GB 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix CL16 ram, 1TB Crucial P1 NVME SSD and a Noctua NH-L9A CPU cooler.
I like to use 3d printed parts to improve certain things in SFF builds, like additional fan mounts and feet for the TU150, fan shrouds and so on.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Using printed parts is very fitting for the more elaborate builds here, it really can make the difference. I sometimes hack up a case and use aluminium to fabricate parts to allow compatibility that wasn't there. Like making a Nebula C from ITX only to mATX compatible or add a GPU to an In Win Chopin. But that's probably my way of showing the manufacturers what's possible with some minor modifications, although they aren't watching...

zeecue

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Using old cases is a great way to get into modding.
I started modding and such way back when AMD released the Atkin XP 1700+, went custom water cooling. And modded the case quite alot to fit 240mm radiator, silent fans, built in switch for network when at lab parties and more.

Reactions: Phuncz