Hi from NYC

Currently located in NYC, moved here from Seattle area (hoping to go back sometime later this year or next year depending on work/life stuff).

Been building computers for a long time but only started in the realm of SFF stuff in 2021 with a AMD 5950x + AMD 6900xt in a Sliger S620 case.

The Noctua D15s with 2 slim fans and a couple slim case fans made everything work well in the already great case. My problem is I get bored and don't care about using PCs.

I prefer planning and building them, so middle of 2022I sold it and wanted to work on something even smaller - the x300w platform; also working on a pi4 project now too.

It's addictive to try and cram as much power into as small / portable of a space as possible and seeing what else you can add along the way.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Welcome to the forum. I have a X300W I use for a HTPC/Plex server and it is a capable little computer. Have you seen the Lander cases designed for the DeskMini? They are pretty cool.

ctr1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 12, 2023
Welcome to the forum. I have a X300W I use for a HTPC/Plex server and it is a capable little computer. Have you seen the Lander cases designed for the DeskMini? They are pretty cool.
Thanks and I've been lurking here for a couple years now. Referenced some threads for my previous build and learning more about the x300w before I bought it and such. What inspired me was the Lander / Nano cases that msystem had made. I saw them on reddit and reached out and was directed here for more details. I figured at this point then I should make an account.

My idea is similar to what msystem did and to create a 'base docking station' but with a gpu/psu for the x300w. Currently waiting for the HDplex GaN psu to arrive sometime this month. Planning to make some kind of handheld/emulator for the Rpi4.

Reactions: rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hello @ctr1 , welcome to the forum.

..My problem is I get bored and don't care about using PCs ... I prefer planning and building them

Indeed, this is one of the reasons people build more than one PC 😀

It's addictive to try and cram as much power into as small / portable of a space as possible and seeing what else you can add along the way.

Point Agree GIF by Ford

Anyway, please also take a moment to read our forum's terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there.

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... "). The forum staffs will help you from there.

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Have fun!

Reactions: ctr1