Hi all!

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time lurker of the website and the forum. I used to heavily scourge OCN forum, as my first build was a gaming rig in the Fractal Design Node 303 back in 2011. I started interesting myself in optimizing (poorly) aircooling in my Node, as I had upgraded my GTX760 for a second hand GTX980, and I started to fantasize on a really quiet gaming rig...

I then moved my rig in a Phantek Enthoo Evolv mItx (a case from my little brother), for 24 hours - it was an awful case size- and cooling-wise... Also tried the Raven RVZ01 (also a case from my little brother) and slapped a Raijintek Morpheus MK2 on my GPU - the build didn't go as expected, as I had put 25mm thick fans which didn't fit, and the Silverstone sfx-450 bronze were horribly noisy...

I have now a Fractal Design Define C mini, which is by no means mini , but at least I could fit my GTX1080ti in it, along its Morpheus MK2 and a Le Grand Macho RT as a CPU cooler... But I am still running on issues about letting my fans get automatically controlled by the GPU temps.

Long story short, I'm still not satisfied. I miss the relative smallness of the Raven, and its capacity to cramp an Asus ROG GTX1080ti l. I'm eyeing any case that is smaller than the Define C mini and could hold it while being able to stay silent.

I will continue to lurk, pump all your ideas, and maybe one day I'll have the gut to ask my girlfriend if I can buy an NCase M1 "just to test something"

HZCH

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Thank you! And by reading the forum intensively instead of working, I'm already sure there's a good and helpful community here...

Also, thanks for the somehow custom title I like it!

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
Thank you! And by reading the forum intensively instead of working, I'm already sure there's a good and helpful community here...

Also, thanks for the somehow custom title I like it!

Hi!

Welcome to the forums, I'm actually staff on OCN for the cases and build log sections XD

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)