Hey from Sydney

Hey all, looking to get into SFFPCs since I may be upgrading. Solidworks has been taxing my computer and if other courses in my Engi Degree require more intensive programs I may be in trouble.

Have:
i7 3820 w/ 12GB RAM
Rampage IV Formula
Cerberus 1070 Ti
Corsair 650D
1000W PSU

Overkill motherboard for a non-overclockable CPU lol. Funny thing is that I thought I'd be going SLI with a GTX 580 so I went with a chunky PSU but truth be told I've never used more than 1 PCI-E slot. So now I'm looking into small cases, especially on TaoBao since they have some pretty unique designs. Have my eye on the ZZAW B6 so I made an account to follow the 'What's on TaoBao' thread.

Look forward to seeing what people post here! Cheers!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

... Overkill motherboard for a non-overclockable CPU lol...

Ah we all did that mistake didn't we.

... Have my eye on the ZZAW B6 so I made an account to follow the 'What's on TaoBao' thread....

That's a good place to start. Many of these Taobao vendors have account on AliExpress as well, probably it can help a bit in terms of language & payment (although many of them simply use Google Translate to communicate).

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Funny thing is that I thought I'd be going SLI with a GTX 580 so I went with a chunky PSU
I did the same thing: I went with a Cerberus X, planning on dual-wielding a Radeon R9 290X both air-cooled, did all the research. When the Cerberus X was finally arriving, Crossfire and SLI was already becoming very fringe in support in games. So I sold the cards and bought a GTX 1080, having better performance in most games at 1/3rd the power consumption.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Hey all, looking to get into SFFPCs since I may be upgrading. Solidworks has been taxing my computer and if other courses in my Engi Degree require more intensive programs I may be in trouble.

Have:
i7 3820 w/ 12GB RAM
Rampage IV Formula
Cerberus 1070 Ti
Corsair 650D
1000W PSU

Overkill motherboard for a non-overclockable CPU lol. Funny thing is that I thought I'd be going SLI with a GTX 580 so I went with a chunky PSU but truth be told I've never used more than 1 PCI-E slot. So now I'm looking into small cases, especially on TaoBao since they have some pretty unique designs. Have my eye on the ZZAW B6 so I made an account to follow the 'What's on TaoBao' thread.

Look forward to seeing what people post here! Cheers!

FYI I have one of these coming.....build log will be in a week or two. I majorly browse r/SFFPC but will mirror it here.

Reactions: Phuncz