Help with Ncase cooling?

magicammo

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jan 9, 2018
im trying to get optimal airflow in my system and make it as quiet as i can and im having trouble doing so. so my system is as stated below

evga z170 stinger mobo
Zotac GTX 1080 mini stock
Intel i7 6700k stock
16GB ram
Cryorig c7 (will be getting C1 its on the way)
3 Noctua NF F12 2 at bottom of GPU bringing air in (one not being used not enough fan headers ordered a spitter) and one on the side of the case to the right of the CPU intaking air as well.

The temps im getting on my cpu is 68c max while playing games at 1440p and my GPU is getting to 79c i know its in the safe range for temps but i want to try and lower it if i could does any one have any suggestions? i know the new cooler for my cpu will bring temps for my cpu down but should i set the fans below my gpu as exhaust?

its also very loud no matter the fan curve i set i fixed the loud cpu but this gpu sounds like it about to lift up off of my desk lol anything helps thanks

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Cool, quiet, and small. Pick two of those.

Otherwise, run an intake fan on the CPU side panel above the C1.

Set all case fans to quiet in the BIOS. I would consider the noctua 1200RPM S12 over the 2000 RPM f12. Huge difference in noise.

I would switch to a full size video card if possible.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
I picked them all.

But with the 1080 mini you will get alot of noise regardless.
My recommendation for cooling would be a Arctic Accelero on the gpu with 2 fans pushing air out the bottom.

And as for the cryorig c1, it's very random if it will fit or not. I swapped to Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP and could not be more happy.

I would recommend the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 pwm instead of noctua for fans, more performance and less noise + they are black.

If you really want to make it quiet, i suggest you also swap the fan on the psu (unless you go with SFX-L), with a fullsize one.
Every one here says the SF450/600 is "quiet" but it isn't. You may void the warranty and you will have to be carefull, but imo it's worth it.

Reactions: Phuncz

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I picked them all.

But with the 1080 mini you will get alot of noise regardless.
My recommendation for cooling would be a Arctic Accelero on the gpu with 2 fans pushing air out the bottom.

And as for the cryorig c1, it's very random if it will fit or not. I swapped to Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP and could not be more happy.

I would recommend the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 pwm instead of noctua for fans, more performance and less noise + they are black.

If you really want to make it quiet, i suggest you also swap the fan on the psu (unless you go with SFX-L), with a fullsize one.
Every one here says the SF450/600 is "quiet" but it isn't. You may void the warranty and you will have to be carefull, but imo it's worth it.

Can confirm. Did a noiseblocker fan mod on the 450-g v2.0 and it made a world of difference.

While the new SX650-G has a significantly quieter fan (and it is 92mm vs. 80mm) I believe the fan curve is too aggressive as it is based on power consumption/load instead of thermals. It is the loudest fan by far in my Ncase. I plan on doing a fan mod, I just haven't decided on what fan to replace the current one with, or if it is possible just to put a resistor in there.