Advice Help me choose a SFF case

johnyukon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Hi

I would like to build a new SFF PC, but I can't quite decide on the case, there are many options available.
I'm looking to a full metal case, no windows, and the most compact the better, but allowing for discrete GPU.
This PC would be most for work and I want something compact so I can take it with me if necessary.

I searched a lot and the ones I liked the most are bellow:

ZS A4 V2
ZS-A4 V3
K01
Acat x1
WDEAN DORA R1S
WDEAN DORA D2S
D1FX
A4 F1-SFX
G5 Plus
Formula x1
Ghost S1

WDEAN DORA D1S
Kevcases ghost s1 v1.1
cube x1m
MPCG M1 A4
Ultra civiliz A4F
Seven-A4 SFX-A4 FL-A4 iTX
Bs2 Mini_ITX A4
RMC3
ITX A4pro
ITXA4pro

There are many similar cases, and I don't know which one is the best. Also if there's a case you like to suggest and it's not in the list you're welcome.
From those the ones I'm more inclined are the ZS A4 V2, G5 Plus and Ghost S1

Thank you

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Might need some more information around your planned hardware list, as some cases do better for the higher end components.
for compact all round case, I would go the Dan A4, there isnt much it cannot do, I currently have a 3950x in ECO mode with C7G and noctua fan setup in a Dan A4 with 1080ti and it does really well, before that i was running a R7 1700 with L9a cooler for a few years flawless, ran nice and cool too. seriously good case.

though for high end components the Ncase M1 is a solid choice though a lot larger. the Ghose S1 would be a decent balance though, and if you already like them i would stick with what you like.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Might need some more information around your planned hardware list, as some cases do better for the higher end components.
for compact all round case, I would go the Dan A4, there isnt much it cannot do, I currently have a 3950x in ECO mode with C7G and noctua fan setup in a Dan A4 with 1080ti and it does really well, before that i was running a R7 1700 with L9a cooler for a few years flawless, ran nice and cool too. seriously good case.

though for high end components the Ncase M1 is a solid choice though a lot larger. the Ghose S1 would be a decent balance though, and if you already like them i would stick with what you like.
he did mention work so his CPU workload and thermal might be important, that's the only weakness of the A4 IMO and why I made a switch away from the A4

Hi

I would like to build a new SFF PC, but I can't quite decide on the case, there are many options available.
I'm looking to a full metal case, no windows, and the most compact the better, but allowing for discrete GPU.
This PC would be most for work and I want something compact so I can take it with me if necessary.

I searched a lot and the ones I liked the most are bellow:

ZS A4 V2
ZS-A4 V3
K01
Acat x1
WDEAN DORA R1S
WDEAN DORA D2S
D1FX
A4 F1-SFX
G5 Plus
Formula x1
Ghost S1

WDEAN DORA D1S
Kevcases ghost s1 v1.1
cube x1m
MPCG M1 A4
Ultra civiliz A4F
Seven-A4 SFX-A4 FL-A4 iTX
Bs2 Mini_ITX A4
RMC3
ITX A4pro
ITXA4pro

There are many similar cases, and I don't know which one is the best. Also if there's a case you like to suggest and it's not in the list you're welcome.
From those the ones I'm more inclined are the ZS A4 V2, G5 Plus and Ghost S1

Thank you
I have my build in the Formula X1 before (check my log in the signature). Quality is fantastic, people in my local community have put it and the Ghost S1 side-by-side and the metalworks of the X1 still come out on top. Sure the X1 is one of the most expensive Ghost-clone but it is still significantly cheaper than the S1 itself.

For the rest of the case in your list, the one I would pick is either the Acat X1 - from what I can gather is very good quality, not to the level of the X1 but p/p is much higher; and the ZS-A4 v3 - would like to experience that flexible spine adjustment system implemented there.

johnyukon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020

The specs I'm planning are a Ryzen 7 CPU, Radeon RX 5700 XT (maybe), 16GB RAM, 1TB M2, a PSU that can support all this, maybe some coolers if the case has space.

The 2 AMD VGAs I have bought until today died after a few years, I can't say about NVidia, but I use Linux and NVidia drivers usually have issues with Linux.

These specs are sufficient for my needs.

johnyukon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
he did mention work so his CPU workload and thermal might be important, that's the only weakness of the A4 IMO and why I made a switch away from the A4

I have my build in the Formula X1 before (check my log in the signature). Quality is fantastic, people in my local community have put it and the Ghost S1 side-by-side and the metalworks of the X1 still come out on top. Sure the X1 is one of the most expensive Ghost-clone but it is still significantly cheaper than the S1 itself.

For the rest of the case in your list, the one I would pick is either the Acat X1 - from what I can gather is very good quality, not to the level of the X1 but p/p is much higher; and the ZS-A4 v3 - would like to experience that flexible spine adjustment system implemented there.
Thank you, the Formula X1 and the ZS-A4 v3 you suggested look great too, they are slightly larger, but have space for coolers.

One one the things that concerns me are the temperatures on the small cases, so maybe a slightly bigger case with coolers is a good idea.

By the way, I don't intend to use water cooling.

Reactions: thelaughingman