Hello there!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Welcome!

Which Gigabyte card do you have and what exactly is your problem?
I love to play Sherlock Holmes.

Reactions: Dem0nflare

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I own a Gigabyte card too but I use Aorus Engine to control it. On default profile the fan made an anoying cycle of start reving up, stop, start again that I ended up addressing with a custom curve and keeping the fans always spinning. Maybe is that also your problem?

Last edited:

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
I own a Gigabyte card too but I use Aorus Engine to control it. On default profile the fan made an anoying cycle of start reving up, stop, start again that I ended up addressing with a custom curve and keeping the fans always spinning. Maybe is that also your problem?
2060 ITX, but that is the issue i get if i run a custom fan curve on msi afterburner. It rev's and stops and repeats all the time no matter the temp. I can under-volt in MSI afterburner and just leave the fan on auto so it slightly quieter. I can also use Aorus Engine with the custom fan curve and have the card run a little hotter. I can't seem to have the best of both worlds though. I'v never ran into a card that has afterburner problems, but i usually use EVGA cards. What version of Aorus Engine did you use? mine freezes all the time when i change profiles.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
i came just because i ordered a SFFTEC PSU and this is the place to get updates. Has any one else had trouble with msi afterburner and the fan curve on a Gigabyte card?

Welcome to our forum, hope you'll enjoy the ride.

I love to play Sherlock Holmes.

Dude, Scooby-doo is a better detective !

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
2060 ITX, but that is the issue i get if i run a custom fan curve on msi afterburner. It rev's and stops and repeats all the time no matter the temp. I can under-volt in MSI afterburner and just leave the fan on auto so it slightly quieter. I can also use Aorus Engine with the custom fan curve and have the card run a little hotter. I can't seem to have the best of both worlds though. I'v never ran into a card that has afterburner problems, but i usually use EVGA cards. What version of Aorus Engine did you use? mine freezes all the time when i change profiles.
I'm currently using v1.84 and so far so good. Have you tried running the "autoscan" curve on it? on idle the 2070 is at 0.725v 300mhz (~1200rpm / ~30-32ºC) and then goes up to 1.23v ~2000mhz when needed.