Hello from Texas!

Hello everyone! I recently discovered this website, and found it through a lot of searching for builds involving small form factors. After days of browsing I found some interesting items, such as an Asus ROG G20 and various other prebuilt SSF PC's...However, I was looking more to build my own small form factor PC. Eventually I looked some things up on YouTube and found @Tek Everything, his videos enlightened me on Pico PSU's, and he then posted a review on the S4 mini which then led me to @Josh | NFC. I got really excited (still am); eventually I was led here and found a lot of interesting topics, as well as things I have never seen before. Eventually I decided to join the community not only because of my interest, but because of the interests and ambitions that I have witnessed here. I can't wait to see more of the content that everyone delivers!

Sincerely,
Carlos Huerta

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2016
Welcome! Hope you can enjoy your time here as a new member of this forum.

There's a lot to be experienced in this place; take your time!

Reactions: CXH4

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Welcome! I followed a similar path and hope you enjoy the site as much as me.

If you haven't checked out the http://lowvolu.me podcasts the sight does, they are also pretty cool.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Welcome to the forum, great to have you here!

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your time :) Have you had any experience with SFF builds yourself in the past or are you entirely new to the scene?

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
Welcome to the forum, great to have you here!

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your time :) Have you had any experience with SFF builds yourself in the past or are you entirely new to the scene?

I'm sure I will, and thank you!
I don't have any experience with SFF builds. I have previously built a PC (2 years ago), which is the only computer that I have built. With time I came to realize it's not really a PC that suits my way of life, as I visit my dad on the weekends, and the chassis is far too large to be travel friendly...I am new to the scene, I've only been looking into SFF PC's for a few months now, and I realize that I should've made an SFF build from the start.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome ! If you like Jay and Josh's projects, you'll feel right at home here !

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I don't have any experience with SFF builds. I have previously built a PC (2 years ago), which is the only computer that I have built. With time I came to realize it's not really a PC that suits my way of life, as I visit my dad on the weekends, and the chassis is far too large to be travel friendly...I am new to the scene, I've only been looking into SFF PC's for a few months now, and I realize that I should've made an SFF build from the start.

That sounds very similar to my situation a few years ago. Only ever built a single PC, and it was a PITA to move around. Had an ATX board inside with a single, wimpy GPU and two 3.5" drives at maximum. Then I discovered the possibility and beauty of SFF and have been entranced ever since.
Hopefully we'll one day reach a point where SFF is the norm and ATX is a niche, not the other way around.

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
Where in Texas are you from? I used to live in Waco, San Antonio, and Kerrville. I went to school at Texas State!

I was born and still live in Houston, it's the only place I've lived. As for college, I have not attended, unless you count dual credit.

I forgot to add that I'm in my senior year of high school, but I plan on attending the University of Houston.