Hello from Germany!

I have been modding PCs and PC cases for a long time, but have erstr recently become really interested in SFF. In the past, among other things, I had built a water-cooled PC with ATX board in an old Apple G5 case. I still use this one, but the components are outdated and for work reasons I need a PC that I can easily transport (but which is also not a laptop 😉).

Reactions: msystems

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Welcome. I always wanted to mod the G5 also, sweet case (from the outside) but I imagine it was a lot of work to do this. The inside is not friendly

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! I have a PowerMac G5 case somewhere but haven't used it for a while. I still want do to do a project with it but coming up empty...

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

DucDriver

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2023
Welcome. I always wanted to mod the G5 also, sweet case (from the outside) but I imagine it was a lot of work to do this. The inside is not friendly
The build doesnt really fit in a SFF forum, but jep it was A LOT of work. Removed all the insides, cut apart a lian li case to use some of the insides. Also 3D printed a couple of parts and had some parts lasercut. Looks very sleek and original from the outside