Hello, fellow SFF enthusiasts!

After a couple years of lurking, I've finally joined!

This has always been such a great source of info and first hand experience for finding compatible cases and parts, so I'm not sure why I never joined before... better late than never I suppose!

For me, the type of advancements in personal computing that have been exciting have been products that are able to pack lots of power into small spaces while remaining energy efficient, like when quad core processors were first introduced to laptops, so the SFF space just makes perfect sense. Kind of a bummer to see the most recent trends of cpus and gpus requiring skyrocketing amounts of power and cooling, but not going to lie, the performance gains are very impressive. And I'm sure I'm still going to see folks here cramming Ryzen 7000/Raptor Lake/RTX 4090 systems into sff cases and I can't wait to see the results! 😁

After about a decade of running an older LGA 1155 system, I finally upgraded to AM4 and expect to stay on it for probably the same amount of time or more, unless my computing needs suddenly change, which are really just limited to media consumption, non-competitive gaming, and some light music and video production. I'm also a fan of hackintoshing, though with the advancements of apple's own M processors I'll probably cave and pick up some Macbook once MacOS is no longer supported by x86 systems- who knows when that will be!

Anyway, excited to be here! I'll be changing up a few things with my home systems soon (HTPC + personal machine) as well as an AMD APU browsing computer for my father, so I hope to post some updates of that soon. Cheers!

Reactions: Phuncz

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !