Hello everyone. Transferring from 17" Gaming laptops to SFF

Hi. I mostly used gaming laptops. I had an Acer Predator dieing 2 days after warranty period, I replaced it with a HP Omen 17 (i7-7700, gtx1070) but the thermals are dreadful, I need to undervolt GPU and CPU to keep CPU below 85C.
As most of my uses were home or lan gaming never really used it on the move (using an ipad instead while travelling). I decided to sell my HP and build a small gaming pc.
As portability is the main factor for me, I wanted a Velka 3 but it was impossible to buy. So I ended up buying a small K39 case from taobao.

Current setup:
MB: Gigabyte X570 board
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1@1.15v)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 (got a great deal for $150, and RTX2070 was impossible to get)
RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200
SSD: Corsair MP510 960GB
PSU:FSP 500W Flex ATX (FSP500-50FDB)

Other notes to current build:
PSU:
ordered a 600w Enhance unit from SFFTec back in January, but I gave up on it, so I went with the 500W FSP unit.
It was dreadfully noisy, so I made the Noctua fan mod with a little twist that I have moved the PSU 1cm further in and put 40x40x10 Noctua fans to both sides (one pulling the other is pushing the air) to make sure there is enough airflow. With one fan it was too hot for my taste.
Cooling: Alpenfohn Blackridge with Noctua fan. I had to move the fan as with the original mounting holes it was blocked by SSD/Chipset cooler on the motherboard.

Future considerations
I couldn't hold onto myself, so I ordered a K55 (Velka 5ish case). If It's still portable enough I might transfer into it (with a Corsair SF600 PSU). If not I will just sell it.
K55 route: I'll probably upgrade to card to 1080Ti as I can see favourable used prices.
K39 route: most probably I will wait out for gen 4 ryzen and under 18cm RTX 3070/3060 when it comes out.

And to finish off with 2 pictures of the small case - link

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Welcome!

I admit I was tricked (by myself) to check out this thread because I thought the title means you are transferring the internals of a 17'' laptop into a new SFF case...lol