Hello c:

Yeah I tend to use faces a lot... Anyway, hello c: I found this forum thanks to iFreilicht (how to tag people?) I have a huge interest in SFF systems, so much so that I'd happily destroy a normal case to make it smaller (haven't done that yet, although it may come soon)... My ultimate goal is to make a case less than 1.2~ litres in volume, does that sound possible?
 

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
231
270
use the @ symbol to tag namwes - @iFreilicht :D

Welcome aboard! 1.2 L is possible.. with thin-itx or NUC :p
What about mini STX and a few risers? :p And thanks for the tip about tagging.. it's the same here as it is on the other forums I accidentally linked (sorry) I really should've tried that first..
 

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
3,243
2,361
Germany
freilite.com
Yeah I tend to use faces a lot... Anyway, hello c: I found this forum thanks to iFreilicht (how to tag people?) I have a huge interest in SFF systems, so much so that I'd happily destroy a normal case to make it smaller (haven't done that yet, although it may come soon)... My ultimate goal is to make a case less than 1.2~ litres in volume, does that sound possible?

Oh hey, good to see you followed my advice! ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Therandomness

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
Welcome! And definitely don't feel shy about posting links to other "competing" sites/forums. We really couldn't care less about that around here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Therandomness

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Welcome ! I'm curious about your case projects, you're aiming very high !
 
Last edited:

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
231
270
Going to make a 1.28L Tardis ? ;)
Hopefully so, I think 2 prototypes would need to be made (cardboard one and then a case's side panel will be cannibalised) before I'd make the last thing out of sheet metal. I do think it will be quite hard though :p

OH, before I let anyone down with crappy build quality, I'm only 15 and have access to only simple tools like a dremmel and drill, so don't expect anything extraordinary.
 
Last edited:

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
231
270
A Dremel is one of the most useful tools if you know how to use it, so that's a good basis for modding.
Yeah, but my hands tend to shake a lot when cutting things :p @GuilleAcoustic Sadly after making a small cardboard box with the dimensions for 1.28L that won't work, but 1.428L will (6.5 H, 15.5 W and 14.9 D, with two curves at the front and back removing 73cm^3) :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
1,537
1,928
Yeah, but my hands tend to shake a lot when cutting things :p @GuilleAcoustic Sadly after making a small cardboard box with the dimensions for 1.28L that won't work, but 1.428L will (6.5 H, 15.5 W and 14.9 D, with two curves at the front and back removing 73cm^3) :p
That is still very impressive indeed. Looking forward to your project log.