Hello c:

Yeah I tend to use faces a lot... Anyway, hello c: I found this forum thanks to iFreilicht (how to tag people?) I have a huge interest in SFF systems, so much so that I'd happily destroy a normal case to make it smaller (haven't done that yet, although it may come soon)... My ultimate goal is to make a case less than 1.2~ litres in volume, does that sound possible?

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
use the @ symbol to tag namwes - @iFreilicht :D

Welcome aboard! 1.2 L is possible.. with thin-itx or NUC :p
What about mini STX and a few risers? :p And thanks for the tip about tagging.. it's the same here as it is on the other forums I accidentally linked (sorry) I really should've tried that first..

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Don't worry about linking other forums, we're not the kind of people who get butthurt for someone having the audacity to read other sites! Feel free to share information, from any (reliable) source.

Mini-STX could work :D

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah I tend to use faces a lot... Anyway, hello c: I found this forum thanks to iFreilicht (how to tag people?) I have a huge interest in SFF systems, so much so that I'd happily destroy a normal case to make it smaller (haven't done that yet, although it may come soon)... My ultimate goal is to make a case less than 1.2~ litres in volume, does that sound possible?

Oh hey, good to see you followed my advice! ;)

Reactions: Therandomness

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome! And definitely don't feel shy about posting links to other "competing" sites/forums. We really couldn't care less about that around here.

Reactions: Therandomness

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome ! I'm curious about your case projects, you're aiming very high !

Last edited:

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
Going to make a 1.28L Tardis ? ;)
Hopefully so, I think 2 prototypes would need to be made (cardboard one and then a case's side panel will be cannibalised) before I'd make the last thing out of sheet metal. I do think it will be quite hard though :p

OH, before I let anyone down with crappy build quality, I'm only 15 and have access to only simple tools like a dremmel and drill, so don't expect anything extraordinary.

Last edited:

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
A Dremel is one of the most useful tools if you know how to use it, so that's a good basis for modding.
Yeah, but my hands tend to shake a lot when cutting things :p @GuilleAcoustic Sadly after making a small cardboard box with the dimensions for 1.28L that won't work, but 1.428L will (6.5 H, 15.5 W and 14.9 D, with two curves at the front and back removing 73cm^3) :p

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, but my hands tend to shake a lot when cutting things :p @GuilleAcoustic Sadly after making a small cardboard box with the dimensions for 1.28L that won't work, but 1.428L will (6.5 H, 15.5 W and 14.9 D, with two curves at the front and back removing 73cm^3) :p
That is still very impressive indeed. Looking forward to your project log.