Hello by Bakaban from Belgium

Hello,

About half a year ago I started planning my very first pc-build, after having used off-the-shelf units from various shops througout my childhood and early twenties. Lockdown was the dealbreaker, if I was going to be working from home throughout most of this year, I might as well spend some time getting a setup that makes me happy and learn how to build and troubleshoot a pc as an extra.

It all started out as a basic pc-partspicker setup, making sure I bought best-bang for the buck components. Spent ages comparing motherboard features, what ratings on power supplies mean and what nvme ssd to go with.

And then it happend. Somehow I came across the NZXT H1 case. The thought of winning so much space on my desk by having everything vertical on a small footprint seemed very promising. I thought they layout was so much smarter than the average case I saw and watched and read everything I could about ppl building in it. It seemed to be the hype of the moment, like the NR200 is currently, and it dragged me into the sff-world.

A few months and much reading later I realize this case was the entry-ticket. And what I thought was smart case-design can still be improved upon. The itch to build something new and smaller is there, and with my wife's laptop nearing end of service-life i've started planning ahead to make something for her.

There is one particular type of case that comes to mind: the discontinued CCD MI-6 or taobao clones such as the AKLLA A3, ACAT S1 A4, WDEAN DORA R2S and LG K3S. Will probably scour the trade-section for these cases while I start reading up on the tiny ITX-size gpu's. Perhaps we'll do business in the future?

Kind regards,
Bakaban.