Hello all :)

Hey folks, just wanted to say hello from the US (currently in Colorado but will be moving to New York state soon).

I've been building my own computers for the past 15 or so years, but as I've gotten older, I've started to look for something that has a more professional appearance without compromising quality or functionality, and I'm sure no one here would be surprised to hear that this search brought me to this forum.

My current system is built around an old 6600K, which is still perfectly functional for some usage, but I think it's past time for a fresh build.
I originally planned on building in something like the Lian Li TU150 but as I fell further down the SFF rabbit hole, I figured I may as well go all in, and I'm now planning to purchase the FormD T1.

I'm really impressed by the ingenuity, dedication, and talent shown by the builders and designers here, and I'm looking forward to doing a mediocre job trying to emulate some of the work that you folks have done!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Mentioning 15 years ago, I was confused about the 6600K, I was thinking about the Q6600 but your 6600K is about a decade newer :)

tarrou

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 8, 2020
Thanks for the welcome!
Haha, yeah, that i5 is just my current chip. I don't remember what my first ever build included, though I did recently find a dusty old case with a Pentium E5200 in it in the basement, which must have been from 10 or so years ago.