News HDplex 800W NanoATX PSU

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Looks like it has two separate rails, so you likely you can use two of 400W AC-DC.

I think it's pretty pointless beyond 400W. Once you consider the size of 2x HDPLEX 400 AC-DC + this board, you're better off with a much cheaper SFX unit.

But there's certainly some industrial PSU that can provide around 800W.

reallamer

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2019
How is this possible? HDPlex has made another PSU in 2019. But one guy made a video in 2018 about this product. Can anyone explain this?

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
SLI, GPU + Compute card + motherboard with more than one EPS.....
All of these reasons + mounting flexibility in SFF cases that won't let you do certain things with conventional ATX/SFX positions.
I'll likely eventually switch over to this in my Cerberus X to make more room for cooling components.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Ok...I have to ask. How safe are these PSUs? If you’re wrenching a system and the screwdriver slips, with an SFX PSU you’ll probably just hit its case. If you slip and hit this what type of shock can we expect? In the video someone picks one up by the capacitors. Was it discharged? Is there something I’m missing here?

I would really like to use this for a few projects but this keeps rattling around in my head.

Last edited:

vluft

programmer-at-arms
Jun 19, 2016
Judging from the updated technical drawings, looks like this got slightly bigger in the new revision. Unclear to me if the previous one was only a prototype or ever actually shipped, but either way I'm probably putting one in something at some point (and actually using most of the watts).