Glad to Be a Part of SFF!

Finally got around to signing up as a member here - and just in time, this community seems (to me) to be setting the standard when it comes to innovative computer hardware considering all the custom projects and excellent advice that is available here.

I want to single out @Josh | NFC and @Tek Everything for making me aware of this forum, as I have been SFF obsessed for many years and through their projects and media work (YouTube, blogs, etc.) I have been luckily pointed in this direction. Not to mention, now I can pester Josh in closer quarters for an S4. Haha, kidding...but not really. Seriously though, thanks, guys, for making me aware of this place and all your great work that has entertained for a long while.

I look forward to participating in the forums, of which this is the first I have ever signed up for, and appreciate the really focused, considerate, and expert group here.

See you all around the forum!

B

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

I look forward to participating in the forums, of which this is the first I have ever signed up for, and appreciate the really focused, considerate, and expert group here.

Several people have said that, and I am quite humbled that the community here is engaging and interesting enough for that to happen :)

Reactions: Kwirek and Phuncz

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Welcome aboard!

this community seems (to me) to be setting the standard when it comes to innovative computer hardware considering all the custom projects and excellent advice that is available here

I agree! There's great knowledge of all things hardware on here, and not just limited to SFF.

Reactions: bledha

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Welcome to our forums here! I can tell you from personal experience... this is an awesome forum for us first timers! :D Unless you're looking for a 4chan feel... :oops:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to our humble, little (but efficient!) forum ! I like your avatar, I'd love to see a clean sky like that someday so I can watch the stars.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
I like your avatar, I'd love to see a clean sky like that someday so I can watch the stars.

Hey, @Phuncz, thanks for the warm welcome - and to everyone else, for that matter. What is wrong with your local sky? Cityscape?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hey, @Phuncz, thanks for the warm welcome - and to everyone else, for that matter. What is wrong with your local sky? Cityscape?
Nothing's wrong, living in a suburban area but peering into the universe here is impossible due to the typical factors, mainly light polution and a little bit of air polution. All I get to see is a few hundred stars as tiny white specks and the moon on a perfect night.

Reactions: Soul_Est

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Nothing's wrong, living in a suburban area but peering into the universe here is impossible due to the typical factors, mainly light polution and a little bit of air polution. All I get to see is a few hundred stars as tiny white specks and the moon on a perfect night.

You have to move so far away from any settlement to get a nice clear sky these days. I was lucky enough to grow up in a severely rural setting - beautiful sky - not much else to do...

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
in Chengdu, most days you can't see any stars. That includes the sun :(

In SW Missouri you can see most stars on a clear night though. Really miss that.

Reactions: Phuncz

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Really miss that.

I miss seeing it, too. Like Neil D. Tyson thought (contrary to him growing up in NYC and rarely seeing the real sky) if you grow up in the country, you end up taking the night sky for granted. Living most of my adult life away from that, I realize I probably shouldn't. Well, you never know what you got until its gone, and all that.

Chengdu has a third of the population of my home country in that one agglomeration. Crazy to think about... Maybe the -off-topic area needs a stargazers/amateur astronomer/space nerd thread?

Here is hoping you get to visit back sweet home Missouri sometime soon!

Reactions: Phuncz

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
4chan feel

Honestly, I don't even know what 4chan is. I know it is a forum of sorts, but never, never, have I looked into it.

While we are here, I would like to introduce you to this rock which I have made my home under...

(In respect to various popular internet communities at least)