GPU Gigabyte 1070 ITX

imparanoid

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
Greetings all, I remember seeing a while ago some posts about the Gigabyte 1070 ITX card and there was some speculation that the shroud could be removed to avoid the hump. Mine came in last night so I figured I would take some pictures, remove the shroud, and give everyone some better dimensions.

Apologies if this has already been done. Search didn't reveal anything.

imgur.com/a/SGM3m

Long story short, the heatsink and shroud are just about even with the PCB. No luck making this card shorter at all. And to confirm, yes the power connector is recessed a bit from the PCB.

Last edited:

Gautam

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2016
Since you want to make it shorter, this probably wouldn't interest you, but the card runs great with bigger fans, especially since it has a PWM fan header, unlike its predecessor, the GTX970 ITX.

Reactions: imparanoid

imparanoid

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
Since you want to make it shorter, this probably wouldn't interest you, but the card runs great with bigger fans, especially since it has a PWM fan header, unlike its predecessor, the GTX970 ITX.
Quite the contrary that is good to hear because I am in the middle of 3D printing a new shroud to accept a Cryorig 120mm slim!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and jeshikat

robmara1

Chassis Packer
May 29, 2020
I have a Dan case build with the Gigabyte 1070 ITX, so I am very interested in a follow up pics and temps! Great job! oops just realize last post was 2016.

Last edited: