Generic 330 watt brick

darkwingcraft

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

I'm looking for advise, I can't seem to find a way to get a 330watts brick directly from dell (for the hdplex), so i stumbled across a brand called "feel fun"

They claim to have a 330watts adapter and well is around the price of an original (a bit cheaper, not massively), and i'm wondering if this will be able to hold, the setup is a ryzen 5 2600 and a rtx 2060 mini with a 400w hdplex. Is any of you aware if this brand can actually power such device? should i better stay away?

Regards

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
i bought one of the supposedly original oem dell 330w brick off ebay, used, for like 70$CAN, so it was a good deal compared to the ~300$ i would have to pay for an original off dell's website, but i knew there was a good chance it wasn't a "real" one.

it's physically like one of those: Dell 330W Replacement AC Adapter for Dell (...)

but in the end i understood it's not a genuine dell one, especially because i did have it shutdown on me while working a "heavy"-ish load (h264 encoding + cEmu gaming) for about 20 minutes, so i'm guesstimating it can't provide it's full 330w rated load, but more along the lines of ~250w, which isn't THAT bad either, because there are many worst ones out there as well, but yeah...

i'm telling you this, because my build is an r7 1700x + rtx 2060 mini (no overclocking at all) with a 400w hdplex as well, so very similar!

can't you buy one directly off dell's online store? Dell 330-Watt AC Adapter with 6ft (...)

Reactions: Phuncz