Other GEEEK A30s: system heat effects the case's durability and looks?

Emanski

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
anyone who has the Geeek a30s for a long time? just wanna ask if the acrylic side panels Turned brownish caused by the heat of the entire system? or still in good transparent glass looks? im planning to buy. TIA

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
negative, i know lazerz 3d does acrylic and i have not heard from those users about it either. I get more black dust from having candles to close then any heat discoloration. If would also have to be very close to melting point for that chemical change to happen like that. The Geeek is great because it has exhaust fans and kept everything cooler then my mid sized pc once its so small. When i moved stuff into my K39 the temps jumped alot, but still no wear near the 150c-160c you would need to get "burning effect". The case is also built on a metal frame so the acrylic side panel is always a centimetre away from the gpu and cpu even at max height......... I drilled a bunch of holes in the side panel thinking it would increase cooling, but i guess it already was drawing in-plenty of air and just looks funny. Its great to build in because you can just unscrew the bottom or top for easy access over the metalfish S3 (that broke within 5 minutes even though its metal!) or K39 that is too tiny to properly cool anything.

Reactions: Emanski

Emanski

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
negative, i know lazerz 3d does acrylic and i have not heard from those users about it either. I get more black dust from having candles to close then any heat discoloration. If would also have to be very close to melting point for that chemical change to happen like that. The Geeek is great because it has exhaust fans and kept everything cooler then my mid sized pc once its so small. When i moved stuff into my K39 the temps jumped alot, but still no wear near the 150c-160c you would need to get "burning effect". The case is also built on a metal frame so the acrylic side panel is always a centimetre away from the gpu and cpu even at max height......... I drilled a bunch of holes in the side panel thinking it would increase cooling, but i guess it already was drawing in-plenty of air and just looks funny. Its great to build in because you can just unscrew the bottom or top for easy access over the metalfish S3 (that broke within 5 minutes even though its metal!) or K39 that is too tiny to properly cool anything.

thanks for the info. Maybe you can help me with this....

my specs:
R5 1550x
MSI b450i
16gb 2x8 3000mhz
zotac OEM RX580 4gb

honestly i got my newly built system in my metalfish s3. i have problems on the psu temps. it gets so high that gets the whole case hot. im planing to get rid of this PSU from metalfish (400w) because the fan is not spinning on its own and needs a literal "push" to go spinning.

metalfish PSU (CRAPPY)

already contacted the seller in ali but of course that would be crappy and a waste of time. so Im just planning on buying a new one. these are the ones i have in mind.

yinwang PSU

MF 500F

there is also one called Dark forest its a 500w 1u flex. it looks great though im still waiting for others to try it.
I donthave the money for the Enhance MOD btw.

after changing to a better PSU im planning to change my case also thats why Im asking about the GEEEK a30s

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
thanks for the info. Maybe you can help me with this....

my specs:
R5 1550x
MSI b450i
16gb 2x8 3000mhz
zotac OEM RX580 4gb

honestly i got my newly built system in my metalfish s3. i have problems on the psu temps. it gets so high that gets the whole case hot. im planing to get rid of this PSU from metalfish (400w) because the fan is not spinning on its own and needs a literal "push" to go spinning.

metalfish PSU (CRAPPY)

already contacted the seller in ali but of course that would be crappy and a waste of time. so Im just planning on buying a new one. these are the ones i have in mind.

yinwang PSU

MF 500F

there is also one called Dark forest its a 500w 1u flex. it looks great though im still waiting for others to try it.
I donthave the money for the Enhance MOD btw.

after changing to a better PSU im planning to change my case also thats why Im asking about the GEEEK a30s
I have Geeek A30, A31, S3 metalfish, and the K39. The s3 is cooler then the K39 and the the Geek is cooler then all by a good margin. They all seem to get hot from the PSU, with the Geeek only the bottom acrylic piece that it sits on got hot though. The only problem with the Geeek is there is not place for the air to get to the PSU, since its fighting the top fans. IF you get a Enhanced unit i should not have this problem once the fan is on the outside, but with the FSP Guru it was a minor problem. The metal cases get hotter just because the heat soaks into the metal and does not dissipate as fast. That being said you could also have one of those Alibaba/Taobao 250w psu that are branded as 400w or 500w, and those run really really hot. I don't know about the metaldfsh, but i heard that all but the Delta, FSP, or Enhance units will probably run hotter. You could pick up the 139,99 Enhance on Velka case website, little cheaper then the 159.99 moded one and being 600w the fan does not get loud till like 450w. I did the fan swap myself to save money while i waited on the modded Enhance for 6 months. I never seen a real modular Flex psu over 350w so that's the only thing the concerns me this the Dark Forest.

Dark Forest is Designed in New York if that means anything lol

Reactions: Emanski

Emanski

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
I have Geeek A30, A31, S3 metalfish, and the K39. The s3 is cooler then the K39 and the the Geek is cooler then all by a good margin. They all seem to get hot from the PSU, with the Geeek only the bottom acrylic piece that it sits on got hot though. The only problem with the Geeek is there is not place for the air to get to the PSU, since its fighting the top fans. IF you get a Enhanced unit i should not have this problem once the fan is on the outside, but with the FSP Guru it was a minor problem. The metal cases get hotter just because the heat soaks into the metal and does not dissipate as fast. That being said you could also have one of those Alibaba/Taobao 250w psu that are branded as 400w or 500w, and those run really really hot. I don't know about the metaldfsh, but i heard that all but the Delta, FSP, or Enhance units will probably run hotter. You could pick up the 139,99 Enhance on Velka case website, little cheaper then the 159.99 moded one and being 600w the fan does not get loud till like 450w. I did the fan swap myself to save money while i waited on the modded Enhance for 6 months. I never seen a real modular Flex psu over 350w so that's the only thing the concerns me this the Dark Forest.

Dark Forest is Designed in New York if that means anything lol

oh thats cool. having that wide variety of cases and check one after the other and do some testing and stuff. I wanted to do that. hehe.

btw, if the dark forest is really silver rated, and with good temps. I think that is the one to go over the enhance, delta and flex guru. its has modular cables and the black color is nice.

Yeah those 250w with 400w to 500w labelling are very tricky. I cant let my psu get so hot thats why I turn it off after 3hrs of use. games and video streaming is my usage. wanted to edit videos to but I think I really need to replace some components to get the productivity out of it

Reactions: Dem0nflare

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
Keep a eye out, in another tread we where talking about this and i know a few people where talking about getting the Dark Forest, but we could not fine any first hand accounts. Modular would help with thermals too in such a small case, i had to cut a few wires for my gpu to get air. As long as you get it air a good flex should be like 45c tops.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
i heard that all but the Delta, FSP, or Enhance units will probably run hotter.

these are the only ones that have been tested. no one has a Dark Forest yet.

however, my info is that Dark Forest might not fit in a Velka case, because its not standard Flex size.

btw, if the dark forest is really silver rated, and with good temps. I think that is the one to go over the enhance, delta and flex guru. its has modular cables and the black color is nice.

i would recommend this Delta 500W PSU, purchased with paypal buyer protection - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001687982.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.42843c00MJDuBh&mp=1

its cables are already Mini-case length by default, so modular isn't necessary.

btw, that newegg seller is a scammer, do not buy from him.

Last edited:

Emanski

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2020
these are the only ones that have been tested. no one has a Dark Forest yet.

however, my info is that Dark Forest might not fit in a Velka case, because its not standard Flex size.

i would recommend this Delta 500W PSU, purchased with paypal buyer protection - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001687982.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.42843c00MJDuBh&mp=1

its cables are already Mini-case length by default, so modular isn't necessary.

also, if you want to wait a few weeks, i'll be able to forward you to a black color one.

btw, that newegg seller is a scammer, do not buy from him.

thanks a lot for the input. Really need more opinions from ppl that has good experience on building such tiny systems.

and yeah Im also thinkin about that delta. I just get enough of modulars. very helpful in some ways. now im confused which one to get.

but Im still thinkin if I will replace my psu or replace my gpu with a lower power consuming one