G-unique DiY stuffs \\DIY an archdaemon directplug with the archdaemon DIY kit\

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
this is also a record of how i handmake the archdaemon direcplug.but it is a special 19V version.it consist of a mini 19V to 12V conversion circuit embedded with a high current 5.5*2.5 screw mount type dcjack(12V 15A 97.5% effieciency) and an ordinary 12V input archdaemon directplug circuit.
the diy process starts from the soldering,here are the archdaemon directplug pcb,a 24pin connector and wires with crimped terminal for cpu and sata cables,hose of the connectors ,and a 19V-12V conversion dcjack with dc-in cable:

another side of the archdaemon plug pcb,the layout of two rows of kemet T520 polymer tatanium capacitors is Gunique's unique / favorite design style:

the newest version aechdamon pcb is highly optimized of hand soldering cables,and the circuit is highly concertrated,so i can put as many of inductors and capacitors on the tiny pcb as possible.the specification of soldering pads are listed below:
top :the input dc cable can be soldered to this side(use 12V-in and GND pads),also extra sata cables(use 12Vout,GND,5Vout pads):

bottom ,eps 8pin cpu cables are solder in this side,with 1 sata cables:

insert the wires with terminal into the hose,then cut the cables to suitable length :

here is the dcjack with 19V-12V conversion circuit(accepted 16-24V input and 12V 15A output max).this dcjack need to be mounted on the metal panel of the case to help cooling when it runs under heavyload:

also this custom ultra thin and ultra soft 14awg silicone cables soldered to the dcjack-converison module help spreading the heat along the cables:

solder the 24pin connector to the archdaemon pcb:

it would be helpful to have some tin on the pads before soldering the wires:

then solder the first row of cpu 12V positive wires:

then second row of cpu negative(GND) wires:

then solder the sata cable,the wires need to pre-cutted to different length for the pads are not at the same distance with the connector:

detail of soldering:

and solder the dc-in cable on the top side 's input dc pads:

bind a little piece of copper wire to help fasten the cluster of cables,help relieve the force when you bend the cables:

hot shrink the hot shrinking tube:

then finish:

test with an ATX tester:

then run on MB,done:

if use an ordinary high current dcjack with 12V/18A rating ,then the archdaemon will become a 12V power directplug.

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
another Zhuangbility archdaemon directplug which can control upto 12V51A current for CPU/GPU power:

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Great information, thank you. The 19V to 12V conversion DC jack is ingenious. I love the modular nature, and that I could potentially run 19.5V AC adapters with my existing Arch Daemon. :)