Full fledge gaming Pc inside of original Xbox 360 elite major update pls read

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
So basically one day I thought hmm what would be the best way to make a console killer pc, well build one inside a console of course!. So I went to work my first step was to measure it, Then I tried to fit my gtx 1060 but it was to thick to fit so what I did was dremmal that bitch down. I'm planning to put the motherboard on standoffs then glue those standoffs while it's still screwed to the motherboard, then I will use a pcie riser to move the GPU on top of the motherboard. I will use my 8600k in this system with 2 cores disabled and a cryorig c7 cu . I also plan to drill some holes for ventilation in the Xbox. Other than those holes this will be a complete sleeper build you know accept for all the cables coming from my Corsair rm 850x power supply. If you have any questions or suggestions about this build then type them in the comment section below

-specs
-gtx 1060 evga mini 3gb
-cpu Intel i5 8600k
-power supply Corsair rm 850x
-ram 8gb Corsair dominator ram heat sink off
-cooler cryorig c7 cu
-motherboard whatever is cheap and works with coffee lake

In case you want to know the dimensions of the Xbox are 310mm × 80mm × 268mm height × width × depth

Last edited by a moderator:

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Dude, please use sentences and paragraphs.

I'll wager that most of us don't read walls of run-on text very well.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Hey guys how do I attach pics from my device onto a message on a forum it only gives me the option of copy and pasting one in and using a url I can’t do either of those​

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys how do I attach pics from my device onto a message on a forum it only gives me the option of copy and pasting one in and using a url I can’t do either of those​
You use image hosting service like imgur, google drive etc. You upload to your account, then have the urls copy pasted here.

Reactions: Phuncz

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I have a question for you guys in this build the pcie riser cable will be constantly touching the back of the motherboard pcb will the PCB get do hot as to melt the cables? Or will it be fine?

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Thats the gpu heatsink Yes I’m aware that’s a bad cut but since then I got better tools to cut it

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
The motherboard PCB won't get hot enough to melt the cable. The hottest thing that would be underneath the mobo is a m.2 SSD if you choose to use one. There have been several builds posted here in cases that support a long riser cable running underneath the mobo, so you should be good.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Thanks cc ricers

this is what the 360 elite looks like it's the one I'm using in the build

Updates will come soon once I have money to buy the parts I will post more in about 1 month maybe 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
This mod may help you (Instead Flex ATX you need to fit dual slot GPU): Xbox 360 ITX case mod
Oops, maybe impossible to fit GPU and Mini-ITX together to case. Flex-ATX is 81,5mm width and there is only 10-15mm to PCI-e slot

In this thread: Poor Man's S4 Mini / MC600 - Modded Realan 2007c , i posted photo of my case 295mm width and GPU 112mm width mounted throw PCB riser together with motherboard to the case

Last edited:

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
It's in German, but might help you https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/xbox-360-windows-10-edition.1574139/

You'll have to go with AC-DC powerbrick if you want a GPU in it.

I'm using a external 850 watt power supply not a pico psu

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
You'll have quite a lot of cable to run then.... 24pins ATX, 4/8pins CPU and 6pins PCIe
Yes I know I think I have an idea though to help fix that I'm planning to cut a hole in the desk then have the cables come from the bottom into it plus it will aloww the extra fans at the .Hottom to breath better also It will aloww al to have it standing up

I have an annoucement. I have made a go fund me for this project to help pay for the parts while I can pay for it. It will take many many many months to get the parts here's the link if you want to support it https://funds.gofundme.com/mobile/dashboard?url=console-killer-pc-inside-a-xbox-360. Edit the link has been fixed.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Maybe get a summer job ? Or consider the good old way of crowdfunding: pro street begging.