Full fledge gaming Pc inside of original Xbox 360 elite major update pls read

oli0811

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 4, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am also in the planning stages of an XBOX360 HTPC Mod and would like to share some information and inspiration.

First off internal dimensions of the case are 270 x 220 x 75 mm, for those of us who use the metric system ;)

I want to have as few as possible modifications on the back of the XBOX so I have to desolder the I/O ports I want and get them to the back.
And I would like to have an AC/DC PSU inside which should work with the SilverStone SST-FX350-G.
For Example an Mini-ITX Board has a width of 170mm and the SST-FX350-G of 85 which is together smaller than the 270mm of the XBOX.

For cooling you can use the original XBOX360 double fan or two 60mm fans side by side at the original exhaust holes in the back.

Sorry for my english, it is not my primary language

Greetz oli0811

Reactions: PunchingBagz

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am also in the planning stages of an XBOX360 HTPC Mod and would like to share some information and inspiration.

First off internal dimensions of the case are 270 x 220 x 75 mm, for those of us who use the metric system ;)

I want to have as few as possible modifications on the back of the XBOX so I have to desolder the I/O ports I want and get them to the back.
And I would like to have an AC/DC PSU inside which should work with the SilverStone SST-FX350-G.
For Example an Mini-ITX Board has a width of 170mm and the SST-FX350-G of 85 which is together smaller than the 270mm of the XBOX.

For cooling you can use the original XBOX360 double fan or two 60mm fans side by side at the original exhaust holes in the back.

Sorry for my english, it is not my primary language

Greetz oli0811
Those fans arnt very good plus they can be quiet loud. Some fractal design r3 60mm quiet fans would be much better option and there only like 12$each​

Last edited:

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Major update guys my GTX 1060 broke I'll be getting a gt 1030 as a temporary replacement for a couple months intil the new nvidia gpu's come out so I'm going to postpone the project till then. I don't know what caused it it was just sitting in my case doing nothing than I came back from my trip than it was all screwed up before I knew it my gpu was broken I went to a computer repair shop and the guy there said the reason was "overclocking" I only overclocked it to test how far I could go then I put it back to stock. The voltage was the highest the bios would allow witch is considered safe by the manufactor so I have no clue sorry for the wait guys

Last edited:

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Please use punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs / sentences. Otherwise, your run-on walls of text require a great deal of effort to read.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Hey everyone just letting y'all know this project is cancelled but if you want to continue I will give you a guide what you do is you get a gpu of your choice get a pic riser put the riser under the motherboard and flip the gpu so the fan is facing the right side panel of the 360 if you did all this on a og Xbox 360 which I recommend you can use a dremal to make a cut out in the hdd for a SSD and it won't be visible on the outside also I recommend just using a normal power supply and either 1 screw it to the bottom of your test or make a platform mad of wood put that undernneed the desk and put the power supply there it's unlikely the power supply would get hot enough to melt the wood then you put all the cables on the motherboard by cutting holes where the io will be and stuffing the cables there and on the subject of the motherboadd to mount it is very easy just get the mounting bolts screw them into the mini itx motherboard put strong strong glue on them I'll wield them to the metal sheild that is normally in between the plastic case and the standard 360 motherboard then get a noctua l9i and just go at it you can get power switches online for like 10 or 20$ they go into the ports on the motherboard for case panel power buttons well that should be it I'm done with this project I have to much to do and can't be arsed to do all this but yah that's my guide if you have anymore questions just email me at nicksullivan2222@gmail.com