Full fledge gaming Pc inside of original Xbox 360 elite major update pls read

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
At
Maybe get a summer job ? Or consider the good old way of crowdfunding: pro street begging.
At the moment I can't I don't have my license yet and I'm pretty busy this summer plus I'm moving out of state next summer I will though.

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
At

The moment I can't I don't have my license yet and I'm pretty busy this summer plus I'm moving out of state next summer I will though

I can't right now I'm busy I don't have my license yet and I'm moving out of state

Also I haven't talk to any of my neighbors or made friend s with them so I doubt they will just give money away

I can't do either of those I'm moving out of state I don't have a license yet and I'm busy also don't know my neighbors like at all I don't think they would just give me money
Dafuq mate did you ever reread your posts its awful i cant even what even are these

Reactions: Biowarejak

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Dafuq mate did you ever reread your posts its awful i cant even what even are these
I have a excuse it's because I didn't see them sending so I kept making more of them I didn't realize intil later that they were on the second page face palm so just read the first 2 lines that's what I was trying to say

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@metropath27 What Choidebu is saying is that your posts come across as impossible to understand because of the severe lack of grammar, punctuation and logic.

I have chosen (except in this case) to completely avoid your threads because I cannot make heads or tails of your posts! Your GoFundMe link is broken, your requests for money are nonsensical, and frankly, I think you need to think before you post.

I understand a lesser understanding of English, (or American in your case), but half the time I worry you are just taking the piss.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Most of us are guessing you are quite young so we don't want to be mean, but compare the structure of other posts to your own. I think it's best to take a step back when you are writing a post and think about what you are writing. Consider the structure, what you are asking, and if you can find the answer on your own without asking others. Don't just throw stuff out immediately without regard to quality or content.

In regards to the Xbox 360 build, I love the design of the 360 so hope you can find the funding to make it. However in order to get that funding, you'll want to provide proof that you are capable to make it. It's not a matter of being able to buy parts and put together a PC, it's about being able to mod the case and get it looking good.

I'd suggest you get a Xbox 360 body first and start modding, then throw in a cheap ITX board (buy some old used AMD or Atom board) and provide a proof of concept. You won't need alot of money to do that. If you can get that to work, you've proved you can do a higher end build and you'll be way more likely to get funding for your project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Choidebu

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
@metropath27 What Choidebu is saying is that your posts come across as impossible to understand because of the severe lack of grammar, punctuation and logic.

I have chosen (except in this case) to completely avoid your threads because I cannot make heads or tails of your posts! Your GoFundMe link is broken, your requests for money are nonsensical, and frankly, I think you need to think before you post.

I understand a lesser understanding of English, (or American in your case), but half the time I worry you are just taking the piss.
I will try to fix these issues thanks for the information

I'd suggest you get a Xbox 360 body first and start modding, then throw in a cheap ITX board (buy some old used AMD or Atom board) and provide a proof of concept. You won't need alot of money to do that. If you can get that to work, you've proved you can do a higher end build and you'll be way more likely to get funding for your project.
If this fundraising doesnt work out then yes I will make sure to do that.

Update I've found a listing on Craigslist for the Xbox it seems to be in almost mint condition he wants 75$ for the console Kinect and assories im going to try to get the console byitself for a cheaper price. Wish me luck, heres the pic if your curious

Last edited by a moderator:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
One suggestion I might add is to downsize the specs of your build for now so you have more overhead in buying the parts you need. I'm wondering about the Corsair PSU though- I assume that's gonna be outside of the 360 case and just hidden away somewhere?

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
One suggestion I might add is to downsize the specs of your build for now so you have more overhead in buying the parts you need. I'm wondering about the Corsair PSU though- I assume that's gonna be outside of the 360 case and just hidden away somewhere?
Yes the Corsair power supply will be hidden under my desk I have made a platform with wood and will glue it to my desk once I move and concerning the specs I don't have money to buy a new GPU or CPU so of they become to hot I will undervolt them,underclock them or disable some cores.

I also added a dust filter to my psu to keep cat hair out of it . And this is the wood platform for it

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
UPDATE I'm getting my report card June 1st if my grades are good I get 140$ I can put towards this project if not then I'll have to wait till either augest or just get 20$ a month and go from there.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I have a question is a 15mm fan significantly worse than a normal 25mm one I can't find to many reviews on 15mm fans nor 13mm fans I know some poeple in the forums are masters of air flow and would know a lot more about this stuff than me so if you can let me know if 15mm fans are worth it

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
15mm fans usually have reduced static pressure (forces air through heatsinks and structures) and airflow (amount of air moved when flowing unrestricted), but generally are still useful. It's hard to say when a larger heatsink with a thinner fan is better than a smaller heatsink with a thicker fan, as there are many aspects that influence the performance of both heatsink and fan.

I default to 25mm thick fans and keep the slim fans for places where a thick fan wouldn't fit and the additional airflow offers benefit. If you need it for a heatsink, consider that you might also need to attach the fan somehow. I use the standard 92mm x 15mm slim fan on a Noctua NH-L9i cases with a tight CPU cooler height restriction, but in other cases where possible, I switch it with the 25mm thick version (the needed screws are included in the retail package) for better performance and thus noise.

In my Cerberus X build I use a 15mm thick 120mm fan on the top to exhaust hot air. In my LZ7 build I use two 15mm thick 140mm fans as the main airflow fans as intake and exhaust.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
15mm fans usually have reduced static pressure (forces air through heatsinks and structures) and airflow (amount of air moved when flowing unrestricted), but generally are still useful. It's hard to say when a larger heatsink with a thinner fan is better than a smaller heatsink with a thicker fan, as there are many aspects that influence the performance of both heatsink and fan.

I default to 25mm thick fans and keep the slim fans for places where a thick fan wouldn't fit and the additional airflow offers benefit. If you need it for a heatsink, consider that you might also need to attach the fan somehow. I use the standard 92mm x 15mm slim fan on a Noctua NH-L9i cases with a tight CPU cooler height restriction, but in other cases where possible, I switch it with the 25mm thick version (the needed screws are included in the retail package) for better performance and thus noise.

In my Cerberus X build I use a 15mm thick 120mm fan on the top to exhaust hot air. In my LZ7 build I use two 15mm thick 140mm fans as the main airflow fans as intake and exhaust.
What about clearance I'm going to have about 30mm of clearance between the side panel and the 140m fan for the GPU will that be enough or will I need more?

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Thanks for getting this thread to almost 1000 poeple guys means a lot and shows that poeple do care about this project

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Update the website that distributes my test grades is being remodeled therefore I can't see my grades there's no telling who long it will take I'll give an update when they come in

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
What is the minimum amount of clearance I should have between the Cpu cooler fan and the side panel?. I say this because i refuse to punch holes in the case because I believe that would ruin the look of the build.

Last edited:

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I know it's a been a while since the last post I've been busy anyway I just wanted to tell everyone that I will be postponing this project for a while for 2 reasons 1 new gpus coming out soon making my build pointless and 2 my PC being currently being broken so Intel those requirements are met this build will not be completed.