Rumor Fractal Design ERA ITX - 16.7L SSF Mainstream Chassis

Gonna just dump all the pics I got...

Product box (from a possible early T&E unit?)

Boil

SFF Guru
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
So what are your thoughts on the case @Boil? Looks like you have solved the GPU overheating problem.

Well, we all know I like the chassis, because of the nostalgic feels...

Building in it is an experience. I found it best to just gut it, then start putting components in...

I did remove both the mobo & PSU about three or four times until I got it all just so...

I had issues getting the GPU to slot in, because of the stiff (temporary) cables pushing around on stuff...

The AIO on the GPU is great, but the H60 is a bit weak for the 3900X; unfortunately it does not look like the h80 will fit, as it will interfere with the integrated rear I/O on the C8I mobo...

I plan to go full custom loop once Big Navi drops, that should take care of all heat issues...?

All in all, for someone wanting a good looking mainstream SFF chassis, the Fractal Design Era ITX is hard to beat (just stick with blower GPUs or hybrid/LC GPUs, or go full custom loop)...!

Reactions: rfarmer

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
Great to hear that you were able to get a thermally acceptable solution working. I assume that's with the mesh top - if you use the TG/wood top, is there any hope?

aksff

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 6, 2020
Looking at latest picture from @Boil hybrid GPU and Noctua NH-C14s might fit in the case, if HDD-bracket is left off. Reverse the 80mm fan to intake and exhaust from the top