Log FormD T1 v2.5 + ASUS ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 Super OC ?

hakrek

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 14, 2022
Hi there,

I am planning to build a productivity pc (only content creation, no gaming) that is compact enough to travel.
I want to go with the FormD T1 v2.5 and the ASUS ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 Super OC. Does anyone know if this GPU fits in the reference layout of the FormD T1 v2.5?

If it does, I have some followup questions on CPU and board selection

thanks!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi there,

I am planning to build a productivity pc (only content creation, no gaming) that is compact enough to travel.
I want to go with the FormD T1 v2.5 and the ASUS ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 Super OC. Does anyone know if this GPU fits in the reference layout of the FormD T1 v2.5?

If it does, I have some followup questions on CPU and board selection

thanks!
Welcome!

If this is this GPU
https://www.asus.com/fr/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/proart/proart-rtx4080s-o16g/techspec/

It should fit with no issue inside the FormD T1 2.5. (you can keep 3 slots GPU setup)

hakrek

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 14, 2022
@MarcParis Thanks for replying! If you don't mind a have a few more questions regarding CPU and cooling then. I was thinking of going with a 14700K OR 13700K (as this build will be used for work/video editing and graphics, no gaming) and I wanted to go with aircooling for CPU, as I might need to travel with this. I realize I need an enormous aircooler for that, and a low profile one probably won't be enough for these CPUs. Do you have any suggestions on CPU/cooling or do I need to move to a bigger case?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@MarcParis Thanks for replying! If you don't mind a have a few more questions regarding CPU and cooling then. I was thinking of going with a 14700K OR 13700K (as this build will be used for work/video editing and graphics, no gaming) and I wanted to go with aircooling for CPU, as I might need to travel with this. I realize I need an enormous aircooler for that, and a low profile one probably won't be enough for these CPUs. Do you have any suggestions on CPU/cooling or do I need to move to a bigger case?
Recommandation as air cooler for formD T1 would be ID Cooling IS-47-XT...however be careful to downclock your cpu to around 100W maximum.