Finishing touches of my M1 V6.1 build - Help appreciated!

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 1, 2019
Hi guys, how are you? So after having some issues with customs (again) I finally got my V6.1 and now it’s time to build it. I have a rough final version of the components I want to buy but please feel free to give me all the advice you can.

The GPU is there as a place holder for Ampere but is powerful enough to let me start gaming in 1080p no problem I guess.

The only problem is the motherboard, I’ve been comparing prices between X570 and B550 mini-ITX boards and here I’m Germany there’s not a huge difference, except with the B550i from gigabyte which is cheaper than the alternatives but no stock.

The pc will be used to game and do light editing, among the usual stuff.

Thanks in advance.

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
Looks like a solid build! I would note that both the gigabyte boards do not have a type c header: you would not be able to use the type c port on the front i/o without a splitter and adapter.

Reactions: Redux-Limited

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 1, 2019
Looks like a solid build! I would note that both the gigabyte boards do not have a type c header: you would not be able to use the type c port on the front i/o without a splitter and adapter.

Thank you! Yes I saw that it doesn’t have the connector but it’s the board I liked the most, the problem is that I can’t find it in stock. The other option is the MSI B550i or opt for a X570.

Edit: what do you think about the Strix B550i? The VRM isn’t as strong as the MSI or Gigabyte, but looks pretty decent too.

Last edited:

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
Edit: what do you think about the Strix B550i? The VRM isn’t as strong as the MSI or Gigabyte, but looks pretty decent too.
The strix b550 seems like a nice board. You do pay the "ROG tax" for the aesthetics. It also only has 4 usb type a ports.

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 1, 2019
The strix b550 seems like a nice board. You do pay the "ROG tax" for the aesthetics. It also only has 4 usb type a ports.

You’re right, as much as I like the Gigabyte I think the MSI is the best option and it’s in stock for almost the same price as the Gigabyte (195 vs 187 Euros)

Reactions: ParallaxStax