Motherboard Favorite Mini-STX board and why.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I've yet to find official specs for Mini-STX. Your best bet is to buy the board and measure whatever you need.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
As luck would have it I JUST received my new Mitutoyo digital calipers and have an itch to measure the shit out of something. I'll try to find time tonight when I get home to photograph a bunch of mSTX dimensions on the AsRock H110 for this thread. If there is anything specific you want to know to amend @aibophobia's model, please let me know.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
As luck would have it I JUST received my new Mitutoyo digital calipers and have an itch to measure the shit out of something. I'll try to find time tonight when I get home to photograph a bunch of mSTX dimensions on the AsRock H110 for this thread. If there is anything specific you want to know to amend @aibophobia's model, please let me know.
How about things like the thickness of the board, battery/battery case, length, width, and maybe stand off hole distances from the sides (Aibophobia has some of that I think). Maybe stand off hole size if you can and the height of the tallest I/O stack?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Any luck?

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Got busy with kids and wife last night. I'll be doing this tonight and will post what I can. Also got my Vary-tech risers and Dan A4 x 2 today. It's been a good week.

Reactions: cmyk78

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
As requested:

Holes are 3mm from edges

And about 5mm wide:

Board is about 1.7mm thick:

Battery is about 20mm wide. I was going to measure its thickness, but it is well adhered to the board and I have no intention on forcing its removal. It is short enough there will be tons of room left once the board is on regular 6.35mm standoffs:

Thickest I/O stack to bottom of board is 33mm

Also dimensions are 140mm x 147mm. I know this was asked for, but I didn't see the point in taking photos since this is exactly spec for the board.

Let me know if there's anything else people want measured.

Reactions: Phuncz and alexep7

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
As requested:

Holes are 3mm from edges

And about 5mm wide:

Board is about 1.7mm thick:

Battery is about 20mm wide. I was going to measure its thickness, but it is well adhered to the board and I have no intention on forcing its removal. It is short enough there will be tons of room left once the board is on regular 6.35mm standoffs:

Thickest I/O stack to bottom of board is 33mm

Also dimensions are 140mm x 147mm. I know this was asked for, but I didn't see the point in taking photos since this is exactly spec for the board.

Let me know if there's anything else people want measured.
Awesome, thank you! How is the board so far?

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Ran great when I was running it with the 6700T. I have it down right now because I'm planning to hook it up to my 1080 once I get the Vary-Tech riser (the sent me the wrong ones, but immediately sent the right ones when I contacted them - check plus on customer service!) and the demo of the Dynamo.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Ran great when I was running it with the 6700T. I have it down right now because I'm planning to hook it up to my 1080 once I get the Vary-Tech riser (the sent me the wrong ones, but immediately sent the right ones when I contacted them - check plus on customer service!) and the demo of the Dynamo.
Very nice, I'm still designing my chassis and all, but this will help a lot in the process.