Fan Orientation Suggestions

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
Good morning all,

I was wondering what people's opinions were on how my rear 92mm fan should be oriented, or if it's even needed at all. I'm expecting to do an Ncase M1 build with an EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra in it. In order to both keep the CPU as cool as possible and maximize my exhaust to get the enormous heat from the 2080 Ti out of the case, I'm planning on having a 240mm AIO configured as exhaust.

That said, I'm unsure what to do with the rear fan. If I configure it as exhaust, it will be fighting against the AIO fans which will hurt the overall efficiency of my fans and possibly affect CPU temps. I'm considering instead having it as intake so that it will provide cool air directly to the AIO, as well as the RAM and other motherboard components. This will also be nice from a pressure perspective as my pressure won't be quite so negative, and I prefer a more positive setup.

Then again, however, the rear fan might not even be necessary. From what I've seen and heard, temps in the Ncase don't scale significantly with additional fans. Having my GPU as bottom intake and my AIO as exhaust may be all I really need to reach optimal temperatures.

I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are. Please let me know.