EVGA Hadron Air Build - SFX PSU

Cableant

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jan 8, 2017
Built this about 6 months ago. It was the most I have ever modified a case and a lot of fun. I always liked the case, but people complained about the psu noise. I saw a few other builds of people using a sfx psu so I thought I’d give it a go. I think in turned out great.
The original psu was removed and two 120mm fans were installed. I used the top part of the hdd cage and the sfx to atx adapter to mount the sfx psu. The M1 power cable from SFFLAB was the perfect length to mount to the back of the case.

Specs:
  • i7-8700
  • Noctua - NH-D9L
  • Asus Strix H370-I
  • G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3000
  • Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB
  • Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB
  • EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2
  • EVGA - Hadron Air
  • Corsair SF450 Platinum
  • 2x Be Quiet! - SilentWings 3
  • 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Wolf11

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 20, 2020
Hey I know I'm bringing back something from a while ago, but I'm about to try and replicate this (since I am just figuring out that the Hadron PSU is what was making my PC so loud). Where did you mount your ssd/ hdd?

Also, has it been running fine with the psu fan facing the front?

Also, I don't have the M1 power cable so I'm probably gonna just run the normal power cable through that water cooling hole (hopefully it fits!)

D

Deleted member 23607

Hey I know I'm bringing back something from a while ago, but I'm about to try and replicate this (since I am just figuring out that the Hadron PSU is what was making my PC so loud). Where did you mount your ssd/ hdd?

Also, has it been running fine with the psu fan facing the front?

Also, I don't have the M1 power cable so I'm probably gonna just run the normal power cable through that water cooling hole (hopefully it fits!)

Good luck getting the head of the connector through.