GPU Elsa GTX1050ti single slot

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
ELSA is releasing a single slot GTX1050ti with a non-blower fan.

http://www.elsa-jp.co.jp/newsrelease/2017/0215/

Would be interesting to see reviews.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
I'm more interested in hearing about how many here at the forums are familiar with the brand, they do not get much coverage after all!

Also nice... Seems very much low cost HTPC

Reactions: danger

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm glad they used the largest fan they could possibly fit without going out of spec. But I'm worried it won't perform well since it's placed and meant to substitute a blower fan but is just a regular axial fan that doesn't seem pressure-optimized.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
The single slot RX 460 seems to do OK, and I believe it has a higher TDP for less performance?

The radeon fan/shroud just looks more effective.

GoogleTranslate Specs:

Features of the ELSA GeForce ® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SP

• NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GTX 1050 Ti ( CUDA core 768 units) graphics processor-based
  • GDDR 5 SDRAM 4 GB graphics memory installed (128 bit interface)
  • ELSA original ultra-thin cooling fan installed
  • NVIDIA G-SYNC technology support
  • Microsoft ® DirectX ® 12 support
  • Vulkan API compatible
  • Power consumption (TDP) 75 W
  • No PCI Express auxiliary power supply required
  • Dual link DVI-D × 1 / HDMI × 1 / DisplayPort × 1
  • Maximum simultaneous output screen number 3 screen
  • HDMI 2.0b, 4K 60p compatible
  • DisplayPort 1.2 compatible (1.3 / 1.4 Ready)
  • PCI Express 3.0 x 16 bus compatible
  • 2 years long warranty included

Last edited:

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I'll probably try to track down some of the Japan-exclusive products while I'm there to see if they're actually any good.

Let me know if you're willing to pick up one of those Elsa 1050Tis for me while you're there :V. I might know some Marines in Japan, but none of them are computer people lol.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, I'll be buying one of those if I find one and bring it back for testing. But I already have a 1050 Ti so I won't need to keep it ;)

Reactions: zovc

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
So this card supports Gsync... This got me thinking, I'm like 99.999% sure this is a no-go either way:

Here's the situation, we have this card in a HTPC and our 'real' gaming rig somewhere else on our LAN. We're doing in-home streaming (a la Steam) to play games on a nice large display like our living room TV.

• So, for whatever reason, the nice large display supports Gsync. Can THIS card run in Gsync regardless of what our gaming rig is doing? How does Nvidia GameStream play into this?
  • Now we've got the single slot RX 460/470 in our HTPC. For whatever reason, our nice large display supports Freesync. Can THAT card run in Freesync regardless of what our gaming rig is doing?
  • If our gaming rig supports Gsync/Freesync and has it enabled, how does that interact with in home streaming services like Steam?

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
AFAIK, no streaming solution (Gamestream, Steam in-home, or otherwise) is able to deal with anything other than a fixed framerate with fixed frame delivery intervals.
Variable update rates are kind of the black sheep of video encoding to start with. If you ask, you'll either get a response of "What, you want to switch between streams with different framerates?" or "AAAH! Unclean!" depending on whether the person you are asking remembers the days of the '120FPS VRR hack'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak and zovc

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
The HTPC itself should be able to use the adaptive sync technology between its GPU > Monitor.

However, I have not read the streaming services has that kind of support on the GPC > HTPC end, taking us back to what EdZ said.

Reactions: zovc