Ebay treasures / bargains

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'm trying an eBay experiment right now that kinda falls inside of this theme. I've been looking for a 6700T at a good price and a reputable seller for a little while with no luck. What I've decided to do is buy a full 6700T system and part it out for profit. I used to do this to make money as a student and often you can make a couple hundred dollars by parting out a whole system. What I ended up buying is a Dell Optiplex with 6700T for 562.00USD. After shipping and customs, I'll be out approximately 800.00CAD (615.00 USD). I'm thinking I'll be able to part out the unit (minus the CPU) for around 400 USD, which will leave me with a Windows 10 Pro license and the CPU, both of which I plan on using. After deducting 199.99 USD for the Window 10 Pro license, I figure I should be getting a $15.00USD 6700T. I'll update this once I'm done to let everyone know if it worked out. Could be a really nice way for the community to save some money.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've seen some great bargains for full PC builds on Craigslist as well. Not all necessarily for high performance parts but also mid-low range PCs that may be pre-builts with minor upgrades but going super cheap.

Haven't seen any super deals on eBay right now. But I did get a GTX 760 with blower cooler for $60 several months ago. Traded that locally for a Asus Mini 950, then downgraded to 750 Ti for low power testing, and now I'm back to a 760, but with ACX cooler :D