Discussion Dual psu eps as 12v ?

Southern.scott

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Apr 5, 2022
Hi , i have a sfx 850w psu , and hopefully soon a 1200w rog sfx , so please no "get a real psu comments " , just looking for options, and have some hardware questions.
So the rig in question is rog strix z390i , i9 9900k , strix 3080ti , full loop 7.5 liter case , being powered by 2 hdplex's 1 is the dc-atx(220w)direct plug in. Witch power's every thing except gpu it has a molex plugged into a dual psu synchronizer, witch turns on the secondary hdplex 400w dc-atx (can sustain 500w)
First question, would it be of any benefit to use converter cable to add the eps rail , and plug both the pcie 8pin and the eps 8pin into the gpu .

Second question the power brick for the 400w plex is also a 400w plex ac-dc so if i wanted to max out all 8pins on the gpu for a total of 450w , but didn't want the plex (90+ rating) to be maxed out running hot all the time.
Can I hook up another psu example 150w to the same synchronizer as the plex 400 and add its 12v pcie 8pin to the gpu as well?
Thanks, and sorry for the lengthy question

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/..._Power_Supply_Adapter_w_Adjustable_Delay.html

This is the synchronizer
The 850w sfx is the white gold rated cooler master
The case is a dr zaber sentry 2.0 clone .

Like I said I have a single psu. But I can squeeze another 140mm rad in the case with the plex s , instead of an sfx .
Currently I have my single slot strix 3080ti with a ek block, sitting on top 15mm noctua slim fans on top of a 20mm thick 240m rad , and 2 alphacool 50m rads on the other side , not sure if that's enough for 9900k & 3080ti , and 64g ram , especially if I'm overclockin