DRTF on Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI?

Y02WK

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 26, 2020
By any chance has anyone put a DRTF on the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi and if yes was any modding required to fit?

Looking to replace my Cryorig M9 Plus (like to get my temps down on a 9600K @ 5GHz 1.28v) and was going between the DRTF or Thermalright Silver Arrow 130.

Not really considering the C14S as I saw mentions that a slim profile fan has to purchased additionally for it to fit?

Last resort would be getting a H100i PRO XT or some other 240mm AIO, but would like to keep the system as quiet as possible without pump noise.

Thanks!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
By any chance has anyone put a DRTF on the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi and if yes was any modding required to fit?

Looking to replace my Cryorig M9 Plus (like to get my temps down on a 9600K @ 5GHz 1.28v) and was going between the DRTF or Thermalright Silver Arrow 130.

Not really considering the C14S as I saw mentions that a slim profile fan has to purchased additionally for it to fit?

Last resort would be getting a H100i PRO XT or some other 240mm AIO, but would like to keep the system as quiet as possible without pump noise.

Thanks!
I had one mounted on a Gigabyte z370n wifi and it fit perfectly, you can compare it to the z390.

Y02WK

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 26, 2020
I had one mounted on a Gigabyte z370n wifi and it fit perfectly, you can compare it to the z390.
Thanks rfarmer. Happened to chance upon someone trying it out in the Streacom DA2 thread. Seems like a really tight fit.
Might go with the AIO or SA130 instead.
Thanks!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks rfarmer. Happened to chance upon someone trying it out in the Streacom DA2 thread. Seems like a really tight fit.
Might go with the AIO or SA130 instead.
Thanks!
Probably a good idea. The Dark Rock is a really good cooler but it is a PITA to install and not the best design for itx motherboards.