Stalled (Discontinued) Echo 5L - Built for the RTX 3070 - NOW AVAILABLE

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
SFX COMPATIBILITY UPDATE

Well... After many, many hours of 3 printing, liters of redbull and lots of testing, i can say that:
The Echo 5 will be compatible with SFX power supplies out of the box.
But where is the catch? Many adjustments were made to the SFX PSU to fit. What do you lose and what do you gain by choosing the now called SFX Module?
Your GPU max length will increase to 285 from 265, but you can only use 2 slots GPU with the SFX.
The case volume increased to 6.3L.

Pics from development:

SFX support was a journey, i will sleep now. Thank you all for the support.

@Zeh

Reactions: SFFManiac07

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Nice, it smaller than Dan A4. So SFX version can support 60mm cpu cooler height?
Yeah, about 900ml smaller in this setup. In the 3d printed mockup a 61mm will fit. Any suggestions to improvement? Or feature that you would like to see?

dzungitx

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2019
Yeah, about 900ml smaller in this setup. In the 3d printed mockup a 61mm will fit. Any suggestions to improvement? Or feature that you would like to see?
Oh..I have some specs for cpu cooler height:
- Up to 65~68mm: compatibility with AXP-100 C65 for high tdp cpus
- Up to 62~63mm: compatibility with 47mm cpu coolers and top fan 15mm thick (IS-47K,Black Ridge)
- Down to 58~59mm: compatibility with AXP-100 Full Copper, or Cryorig C7/AXP-90 (with fan 25mm thick)
Recommend up to 62mm, volume will increase to about 6.5L, between Velka 7 and Dan A4, but better volume optimize.

• Love
Reactions: BCGA.tech

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Oh..I have some specs for cpu cooler height:
- Up to 65~68mm: compatibility with AXP-100 C65 for high tdp cpus
- Up to 62~63mm: compatibility with 47mm cpu coolers and top fan 15mm thick (IS-47K,Black Ridge)
- Down to 58~59mm: compatibility with AXP-100 Full Copper, or Cryorig C7/AXP-90 (with fan 25mm thick)
Recommend up to 62mm, volume will increase to about 6.5L, between Velka 7 and Dan A4, but better volume optimize.
I really appreciate, i'll try to put this intel in the tray modularity and soon I give a update about!

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Hey guys, i'm seeking for a psu extension iec 320 c14 a c13 right angle with exactly 30 cm, but i can't find anything.
I'm using a 25cm for the flex PSU but will not reach the SFX PSU.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Echo 5 vs Echo 7

Hey Guys. I need some opinions.
In an approximate 1 month, the Echo will be released to sales here in Brazil and I will send some units to review for the international Crowdfunding campaign.

At the moment I have several working prototypes around 5 and 6 liters, but with the launch of the RTX 3000 series things in the project get a bit messy.
The smaller RTX 3080 has 285mm the FE card, but the vast majority have +310mm, to fix that incompatibility issue I created a front module that makes the case compatible with larger GPU. But another problem become obvious, the Flex ATX PSU will not have enough power, soon with another module and some tweaks at the standoffs, i managed to fit a SFX PSU, that generate another problem, SFX will only work with 2 slot GPUs and this brings the original problem back.

After discussing with my team, they said to me: "Zeh you need to bring the volume up".
A bit frustrated i reworked the motherboard tray and make intercompatible between case versions, with a better tray, i create two new Echo models:
The Echo 5 with 5.7 Liters and overall the same config as before.
The Echo 7 with 7.6 Liters and much more compatibility.

The following specs account with tray modularity.

Echo 5- 295x195x100mm 5.75 Liters
(working prototype)

Mounting for up to two 92x14mm fans.

Flex ATX PSU, 47mm Aircooler height.
2 Slot, GPU maximum length 290mm
----or----
Flex ATX or SFX PSU, 80mm Aircooler height, 1 Low Profile Slot

Testing some thermals:

Echo 7 - 315x195x125mm 7.67 Liters
(concept)

Mounting for up to six 120mm fans

Flex PSU, 40mm Aircooler height.
3 Slots, with dual PCI 16x support, GPU maximum length 310mm
----or----
SFX PSU or Flex ATX, 58mm Aircooler height.
2.5 Slot, GPU maximum length 310mm.
3 2.5' Disk mount
----or----
SFX PSU or Flex ATX , 70mm Aircooler height.
3 2.5' Disk mount
2 Slot, GPU maximum length 310mm.

Early CAD concept images:
Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

To be clear I only have Echo 5 working prototypes, the Echo 7 for now is only a CAD concept.

My biggest doubts right now are to launch only the Echo 5 or delay production and launch Echo 5 and 7. The modules are still a thing, but i don't have time to refine the modules right now. But I'm sure that I will add support for 240mm Rads to the Echo 7.

What are your considerations? I need some community input. What you want to see at the international market?

jtam

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 3, 2020
I will go for this as I have a Flex ATX PSU, would love to see a case supports both Flex ATX and long GPU.

Echo 5
Flex ATX PSU, 47mm Aircooler height.
2 Slot, GPU maximum length 290mm

For the idea of Echo 7, I am not sure whether there will be any long GPU that Flex ATX PSU can support, seems we can only get max 650W Flex ATX in the market, while for 3080 we need at least 650W (I guess) to be safe. But I think it is still good to have some cards like RX5700XT to fit.

Echo 7
SFX PSU or Flex ATX, 58mm Aircooler height.
2.5 Slot, GPU maximum length 310mm.
3 2.5' Disk mount
+ extra space at the side panel with some standup screws (or something similar), perhaps this can fit 2.7 slot card?

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Hey guys the project is moving slowly basically stalled in the Brazilian pandemic.
The V16 is suffering for production issues like panel alignment.
Take a look:

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Going to follow this project. If i read correctly I could fit an RX6800 in the echo 5 ( 267 mm x 120 mm x 40 mm dimensions)? Also on all the mockups it seems like the front and sidepanels are a whole, but the picture you showed now it seems to be different panel? Is it produced and send from brazil?

good luck with the project

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
Going to follow this project. If i read correctly I could fit an RX6800 in the echo 5 ( 267 mm x 120 mm x 40 mm dimensions)? Also on all the mockups it seems like the front and sidepanels are a whole, but the picture you showed now it seems to be different panel? Is it produced and send from brazil?

good luck with the project

The page here it’s not updated the last time I posted was on November last year, V.0.12 beta, the last version is the v.0.16, all the panels are reversible and interchangeable, the case can be put upside down or sideways with the magnetic feet and magnetic frontal panel, change orientation for airflow or aesthetic made easy, you can make your own modules to extend compatibility with 3D printing too.

About the RX6800 I think you can fit in the limit of the case, it’s around 267 mm internal, it’s the absolute limit, but if can fit its fine, I think, never tested. Soon I will open a new thread posting updates. Probably the case will be a little larger in the next generation and with cable management channels and aluminum external panels to save some weight.

Its 100% Brazilian, but having so much trouble it the production, I’m searching for a Chinese manufacturer. Here I have so much problems with alignment and soldering. The paint it’s a point to improve too. I need a good manufacturer to make this product premium.

Last edited: