Image Credit – Devyn Johnston
Devyn Johnston, seen above cosplaying Smoke from Mortal Kombat, has built an Velka 3 powered by an i5-13400 and Zotac RTX 4060 Solo. This 3.9L build puts up some great 1080P gaming performance while keeping the CPU around 60C while gaming thanks to the Noctua L9I, and the GPU at 65C thanks to the Zotac Solos single 90mm fan.
It would seem that The Velka 3 and Zotac 4060 Solo are quiet popular today.
Check out the video below, and make sure you give him a subscribe.

Continue reading...

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Finally someone puts a proper, cool running cpu into this case for a change. With that 110v gpu, this is pretty much the ideal build here.

Also HUGE props for comparing the noise levels of the Zotac SOLO and Gigabyte LP - that's something I was after for weeks. While Zotac seems a bit louder (and looking like a Toyota Prius), it can be noctuarized with a 92mm fan as based on the photos, as there's more than 1mm space around the fan within the shroud. But it shows how Gigabyte's card is such an amazing product on it's own.

As for the mobo, I would advise against populating the rear M.2 slot for obvious reasons. Either use a single unit, or grab a z6- or 790m-itx/ac from ASRock so you can use both from the front.
I think this is one, if not the best case out there, very optimized as it's dimensions are made around the components, like the IO's of the mobo and gpu with the width of a flex-atx psu that is not pushed against any component - all below 4L. Already using high quality materials with v2 which I will stick with, as despite the little additional weight, I just love that thicker front panel.

Hope to see more Velka 3 content in the future!

Last edited:
Reactions: shiris and rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Finally someone puts a proper, cool running cpu into this case for a change. With that 110v gpu, this is pretty much the ideal build here.
Yeah you see so many people who want to put a 13700k or a 7800X3D and pair it with a NH-L9i/a. His component choices made a lot more sense and his excellent temps show it was a smart move. I wish I had a use for one because I would love to do a build in the Velka 3.

Reactions: Dampfbox

Firehazel

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2019
I definitely foresee this combination of parts becoming popular as a build option. I just wish there was a modern AMD ITX GPU option. I think the last one was the RX 6600 XT Challenger from ASRock.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
This is the combo I ALMOST built, but my motherboard didn't fit lol.