Log Custom 8.1L case complete!

sillyajay

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 14, 2019
new to this forum, hope this is the right format and im following conventions.

machined every single part of the case myself. made my own cables. case panels are made out of stainess steel (not sure which grade), and acrylic. corner cubes are aluminum 6064. cpu side acrylic was laser cut, gpu side was hand cut, which is why it looks like shit. i will laser cut it eventually.

theres not enough love for hdds in this sub, but i kinda like my storage. i have 1x3.5 + 2x2.5 drives + m.2 nvme pcie. to my knowledge there was no "small" case that offered both full sized gpu support and 3.5" hdds, so i ended up making my own case instead of going with something like the dan a4.

super proud of the cable management. i suppose i could have tried to route them behind the mobo, but i take my case apart frequently, and that would have been a PITA to deal with.

cpu fan set to pull, gpu fans are push (not sure how i can easily mod to make it pull without needing to buy new fans). rx 5700xt peaks at 80C gpu, 98C hot spot at +30% power draw. currently getting 9286 graphics score in time spy, apparently 59%, not bad! eventually need to remake cpu panel to turn holes into slots to increase porosity.

about 40 db under load from my desk, about 30db idle (according to an app on my phone).

Imgur Album

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Verdict:- it wont win any beauty pageant but it gets the job done.

BTW, the PCIe cable looks to be roughed up. I worry about its long term reliability.

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
This is actually really funny. I designed and built a similar laser cut case and posted within a few minutes of you, but mine is waiting for admin approval for some reason.

Anyway good job! I think the most important thing is you built it to your own requirements and got exactly what you want

sillyajay

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 14, 2019
Verdict:- it wont win any beauty pageant but it gets the job done.

BTW, the PCIe cable looks to be roughed up. I worry about its long term reliability.
:( i think it looks handsome (at least everything but the back). the riser is shot, i only get x8, but its whatever.

This is actually really funny. I designed and built a similar laser cut case and posted within a few minutes of you, but mine is waiting for admin approval for some reason.

Anyway good job! I think the most important thing is you built it to your own requirements and got exactly what you want
WOW your case is like my cases doppleganger! i like it a lot!