Cooling Cryorig C7G RPM / Fan Speed Range

ringelwormer

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Dec 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

I would like to know what the minimum and maximum fan speed other people can set on their Cryorig C7G CPU cooler is.

On the manufacturers website a fan speed range from 600 to 2500 rpm ±10 % is specified.

With a PWM control signal of 0 % my fan spins with about 1470 rpm and at 100 % with about 2570 rpm. These values were confirmed on two different PC systems with multiple programs and with an oscilloscope. Below 10 % PWM control signal the fan speed is pretty much constant, while between 10 and 100 % PWM control signal the fan speed increases mostly proportional. The lowest measured and reported fan speed (about 1470 rpm) is 145 % above the rating of 600 rpm, but the highest fan speed (about 2570 1/min) is within the specification.

When the fan speed is controlled by the supply voltage level, roughly 1000 rpm at about 4,3 V can be achieved before the fan stops.

Since my values differ from the information given on the products webpage, I would like to know what minimum and maximum fan speeds other people can set on their C7G.

Thanks in advance and best regards.