CPU Advice - I'm Thoroughly Confused

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I wouldn't have room in the M1 with the parts will be using. Plus, that HDD has slowed down substantially from when I got it 4 years ago. Might turn it into an external HDD for mass storage/backup.

Well, I didn't make clear when I meant the B450 Strix would be cheaper than the X470. :)

Thanks for the clarification on tiered storage. Didn't really know what or how that worked.

Gosh, everyone has been great and helpful. Thanks!!
Sorry, it was my fault for making it murky in the first place :)
By the way, what RPM is your HDD running at? If it's running at 5400RPM, I'm hardly surprised....

Jbtamu1011

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 7, 2018
Sorry, it was my fault for making it murky in the first place :)
By the way, what RPM is your HDD running at? If it's running at 5400RPM, I'm hardly surprised....

It's the WD Black so I think it's 7200rpm. Not sure if it's running at that speed, though. Sorry for taking a while to reply.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
JB, have you ever defragmented your WB Black? Try Defraggler. If all you've ever used is the built-in Windows defragger, Defraggler can be much more thorough.

Reactions: Jbtamu1011

Jbtamu1011

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 7, 2018
JB, have you ever defragmented your WB Black? Try Defraggler. If all you've ever used is the built-in Windows defragger, Defraggler can be much more thorough.

i've might have once or twice. I will defrag my HDD for sure and see if it helps. Any safe sites to download Defraggler from?