Log Core V1 going smaller

cptlove2a

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 18, 2024
uneviedetech.fr
Hello,

I would like to upgrade my current build (Core V1 > 20L) by going smaller ... something under 10L should be nice.
My configuration is as follows on pcpartpicker

I don't know yet the best options to get a smaller rig.
I acknowledged that both CPU cooler and PSU must be switched. For the GPU I guess it will depend on the future case choice.
Aiming at sub 5L only allows to consider the 4060LP I guess? But given its performance regarding my 3060Ti not sure that this is the best move.

I'm not open to get rid of everything and restart from scratch.
Feel free to discuss and share tips/advices.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
To get 10L or lower, you're going to need a new CPU cooler and a new PSU. 10L you can do with an SFX unit in a showbox layout like the old T1. 5L would likely need a pico PSU.

cptlove2a

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 18, 2024
uneviedetech.fr
Yes (I already picked a AXP-90 X36 for CPU cooler). I used to take a look at hdplex PSU, but 250W is not enough for my current build. That's why I started looking for switching for a 4060.
But then I still don't know which case should be appropriate.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Check out the Velka 5, it's only 5.14l but would support your current GPU and the AXP90-X36. You would have to change to a Flex PSU. Or the Velka 7 which is only 6.22l but supports coolers up to 48mm and SFX PSU.

Reactions: HWI and Skripka

cptlove2a

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 18, 2024
uneviedetech.fr
Check out the Velka 5, it's only 5.14l but would support your current GPU and the AXP90-X36. You would have to change to a Flex PSU. Or the Velka 7 which is only 6.22l but supports coolers up to 48mm and SFX PSU.
Thanks.
Velka cases + PSU + Riser is near a 300€ upgrade, this is something I have to reconsider.

Any idea for anything somewhat bigger but less expensive?